Windows Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Windows Systems Engineer|
|Start Date:||Beginning of April|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Santos|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2018 13:18|
Job location: Brussels North
Start Date: Beginning of April
Contract: Permanent (full-time)
Weekend work required: estimated average of once every 4 weeks
Occasionally tasks need to be performed before or after business hours
Our client is one of the leading financial company and is in charge to put into relation national and international banks. You will be member of the Windows Evolution team, responsible for building, organizing, planning, executing changes within the windows & virtualization environment.
The mission consists on supporting the team on the Windows servers deployment going from customers request validations toward full technical server delivery.
The team is responsible for the delivery of Windows servers (standalone and clusters), ESX Hosts and Virtual appliances.
The position will involve some knowledge on scripting and deployments solution (BMC Server Automation).
This position will allow you to be involved in managing windows server lifecycle on a complex and hybrid environment: multi forest - multi domain, DMZ, SAN, links with other platforms such as mainframe, networking elements, covering about 2000 Windows servers and +300 Unix servers. This role will give you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.
Technical Skills & experience:
- Several years' experience in managing and supporting large windows servers environments (Windows 2008 , 2012 , 2016 ).
- Good knowledge of Virtualisation platforms (ESX preferably).
- Experience on using a deployment infrastructure (BMC Blade Logic preferably).
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP arch.: DNS, IP, TCP/UDP, subnetting , Vlan , DMZ.
- Knowledge on one or more areas: SAN, MSCS, HLB, terminal services and remote access.
- Experienced on coordinating activities across several teams.
- Able to learn much on a limited period of time, self-study oriented.
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Can handle stress.
- Have Good interpersonal skills: good team player.
- Have a good Communication skills required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Is Solution oriented/client focused.
- Have a Good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- Can distinguish the different levels of decision making related to his responsibilities - and tasks.
- Accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
Essential Languages :
Fluently English mandatory
French or Dutch
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Hybrid Support Engineer - IT Support - (Apple Mac & Windows PC)
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Embedded Software Engineer - Embedded Systems
Senioe Embedded Software Engineer - Embedded Systems
Embedded Software Engineer - Embedded Systems - Software Engine
Livingston, West Lothian
Product Owner - IT Financial Systems