Windows System Engineer
|Job Title:||Windows System Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Santos|
|Job Published:||November 28, 2017 15:10|
You will be member of the Windows team, responsible for organizing, planning, executing and improving a wide spectrum of deliverables:
- Windows Server Platform management.
- Software deployment and security patching of the Windows platform.
- Management and organization of the Windows Server evolution through standard infrastructure releases.
- Day to day management of the installed server base (quality checks, compliance with standards, ...)
- Quality check before launching Windows servers in production
- Process owner of the Distributed Phase-Out of obsolete servers
- Management of Windows Servers information - Management of Antivirus infrastructure & AntiVirus updates on Windows servers
- Management of the ESX hosts infrastructure
- Review of Change Requests (CAN's) and launch-scenarios for planned activities related to the Windows production environment
- Organization and staffing of planned activities execution related to windows production environment (Releases, DCS Swaps, RDR, Weekend launches etc ..)
- Experienced on coordinating activities across several teams.
- Able to learn a lot on a limited period of time, self-study oriented.
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Can handle stress.
- Have good interpersonal skills: good team player.
- Have good communication skills.
- Is solution oriented/client focused.
- Have a good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- Balance quality and speed.
- Able to organise work
Technical Skills & experience:
- Several years' experience in managing and supporting large windows servers environments (Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012).
- Strong experience on using a deployment infrastructure (BMC Blade Logic preferably).
- Very good knowledge on one or more areas: HP Hardware, AntiVirus infrastructure, Virtualization.
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP arch.: DNS, DHCP, TCP, subnetting, DMZ.
- Knowledge on one or more areas: CIM/CSP, TSM, NETWORKER, VBLOCK, SAN, MSCS, HLB, terminal services and remote access.
Essential Languages: Fluently English mandatory French or Dutch is a +
This position is for starting as soon as possible.
Weekend work required!!: estimated average of once every 4 weeks Out of business hours'
operations expected twice a month in average. This position will allow you to be involved in
managing Windows server lifecycle in a complex and hybrid environment: multi forest - multi
domain, DMZ, SAN, links with other platforms such as mainframe, networking elements,
covering about 1700 Windows servers and +300 Unix servers. This role will give you the
opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's