Windows System Engineer
|Job Title:||Windows System Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Fuat Yuksel|
|Job Published:||August 22, 2016 10:30|
You will be a member of the Windows Evolution team, responsible for organizing, planning, executing and improving a wide spectrum of deliverables :
- Windows Server Platform management.
- Software deployment and security patching of the Windows platform.
- Management and organization of the Windows Server evolution through standard infrastructure releases.
- Day to day management of the installed server base (quality checks, compliance with standards, ...)
- Quality check before launching Windows servers in production
- Process owner of the Distributed Phase-Out of obsolete servers
- Management of Windows Servers information
- Management of Antivirus infrastructure & AntiVirus updates on Windows servers
- Management of the ESX hosts infrastructure
- Review of Change Requests (CAN's) and launch-scenarios for planned activities related to the Windows production environment
- Organization and staffing of planned activities execution related to windows production environment (Releases, DCS Swaps, RDR , Weekend launches etc ..)
- Experienced on coordinating activities across several teams.
- Able to learn a lot on a limited period of time, self study oriented.
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Can handle stress.
- Have good interpersonal skills: good team player.
- Have good communication skills.
- Is solution oriented/client focused.
- Have a good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- Balance quality and speed.
- Able to organise work
Technical Skills & experience:
- Several years experience in managing and supporting large windows servers environments (Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012).
- Strong experience on using a deployment infrastructure (BMC Blade Logic preferably ).
- Very good knowledge on one or more areas: HP Hardware, AntiVirus infrastructure, Virtualization.
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP arch.: DNS, DHCP, TCP, subnetting, DMZ.
- Knowledge on one or more areas: CIM/CSP, TSM, NETWORKER, VBLOCK, SAN, MSCS, HLB, terminal services and remote access.
Fluently English mandatory
French or Dutch is an asset
If you think you are the right candidate for this opportunity please apply with your most updated CV and we will contact you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's