Windows System Administrator
|Job Title:||Windows System Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Joseph De Santos|
|Job Published:||October 03, 2016 14:42|
Area of interest: IT
Experience Level: Experienced
Country: Belgium - Brussels
Division: Corporate Technology
Type of resource: Contractor (time and material)
We are currently looking for an experienced Windows Server and ESX system administrator for our second line support team.
Windows System Support Group
Your part of the deal:
This position allows you to contribute to the support of the Windows & ESX distributed infrastructures. The company's environment is complex and hybrid: Multi forest - multi domains - multi systems and multi- zones (DMZ, UAZ, SAN, NAS, links to other platforms such as IBM Mainframe, Unix, Tandem, networking elements). This role gives you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.
Scope: 2nd level support of Windows servers & ESX hosts (Windows 2008 and 2012, ESX 5.5 & 6) in a complex and hybrid environment consisting on the following responsibilities.
- Follow-up of production environment problems and change requests (ITIL processes).
- Management of DNS, File & Print, Backups, Anti-virus, Archives, restores and associated infrastructures.
- Contribution to roadmap projects.
- Shift work applicable (3 shifts: flexible business hours; 08:00 - 17:00; 09:00 - 18:00).
- Watch Duty On Call support outside business hours from 18:00 till 8:00, assigned on a rotational basis (Average 8 weeks/year).
- Occasionally, some tasks need to be performed outside business hours and during weekend.
You need to demonstrate the following capabilities :
- To learn a lot in a limited period of time and to be self-study oriented.
- To easily adapt to new circumstances / technologies / procedures.
- To handle administrative tasks and work in a demanding operational context
- To be stress resistant and constructive whatever the context
- To act as a true team player and to demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- To summarize complex technical situation in simple terms
- To be solution and client oriented
- To balance quality and speed
Our part of the deal:
As per the Belgian law, it is your responsibility to report if your company is abroad.
This position is for starting as soon as possible from October until end of June 2017.
- Several demonstrable years' experience in managing and supporting large windows servers environments (Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012).
- Several demonstrable years' experience in managing and supporting VMware ESX (5.5 & 6.0).
- Very good knowledge on one or more infrastructure areas: File Servers , Print servers , DNS, AD, Networker, NAS, SAN, EPO, Move).
- Knowledge of clustering solutions and server hardware technology (HP, UCS, vBlock, …).
- Knowledge of networking basics and TCP/IP.
Essential Languages :
Fluent English (mandatory)
French or Dutch
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Windows 10 Migration Technician
City of London, London
£150.00 - £170.00 per day
Windows 10 Migration Technician
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€140.00 - €150.00 per day
Windows 10 Migration Project Scheduler / Project Support