Windows Operation Analyst
|Job Title:||Windows Operation Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Santos|
|Job Published:||April 06, 2018 11:37|
Windows Operation analyst
Job location: Braine l'Alleud
Start Date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6-months renew
Work outside of business hours is sometimes required as launches in production are generally carried out after 5PM or on Saturday
Our client is one of the leading financial company and is in charge to put into relation national and international banks.
The Production Integration team ensures the transition of Windows applications into the production environment:
- They deploy applications within test, pre-production and production environments
- They implement operation scripts, procedures, and tools.
- They analyse the impacts of a new/modified applications on the production environment.
- They ensure applications can be operated into the production environment in a simple and efficient way.
- They organise the scheduling of jobs, processes and tasks into the most efficient sequence, maximising throughput and utilisation to meet business requirements.
The main part of the job involves :
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers, testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers, DBA, etc.)
- Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
- Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
- Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
- Provide second level support to Production Operations - available for on call duties during certain weekends.
Technical Skills & experience:
A background in development on Windows Server is essential (System Engineering experience is not required for this position). However, it's not a mission of pure development, the candidate should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, middleware).
- Windows Server (2000 and/or 2003)
- Visual Basic (VB6 and/or VB.net)
- SQL Server (2000 and/or 2005)
- Scripting (VBS and/or Perl)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mind-set
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Windows 10 Migration Technician
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€140.00 - €150.00 per day
Treasury Business Analyst
£70000 - £85000 per annum + benefits
Operational and Compensation Analyst
£2500.00 - £2800.00 per month
Treasury Business Analyst
1st Line Support Analyst
West Yorkshire, England
£11.00 - £14.00 per hour