|Job Title:||UX Architect|
|Salary:||£450.00 - £500.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Lynn Younan|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2016 17:11|
My client is looking for a Senior User Experience Architect to join their Global Product Development team based in London and Leeds, regular travel to Leeds will be required.
The Senior UX Architect is responsible for designing the user experience for new products and enhancements. This is a customer advocate role within project teams ensuring that products are useful, usable, and desirable via a thorough understanding and practice of the user centered design process. You will be working with marketing, product strategy, project management, product management, product development and users to design innovative, industry leading products. He or she completes all steps in the product design process from conceptualisation, detailed user interface, functional design, through implementation and usability review. Provide leadership to other members of the User Experience team.
* 5 - 7+ years' experience in a commercial software product company.
* BA/BS or advanced degree preferred in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Design, Cognitive Psychology, or a related field or demonstrated comparable experience designing commercial software products.
* Mastery of user centered design principles and practices.
* Mastery of interaction design and information architecture disciplines, creating wireframes, site maps, user workflows, and prototypes.
* Experience of Usability testing
* Experience working on large-scale complex web based applications (RIA)
* Innovative, creative problem solver with an eye for detail and accuracy.
* Knowledge of software development process.
* Self-starter that is able to work both independently as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams
* Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and listening).
* Excellent organisation skills with proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and to adjust to frequent changes in project priorities.
* Knowledge of international and accessibility design considerations
* Proficiency in visual design a bonus.
* Preferred experience with Axure RP, Balsamiq, or Visio, Adobe Creative Suite a bonus,.
* Ability to work independently, without direction or supervision.
* Awareness of trends and best practices in the information development field
* Develop innovative user interface designs in response to marketing requirements, user analyses, product innovation, technology, and business needs.
* Develop conceptual models, personas, workflows, design prototypes, and user interface specifications.
* Assist product management in authoring product requirements documents.
* Present and explain complex concepts, designs and interaction models to a variety of audiences.
* Contribute to the global design patterns project - conceive and implement interface standards and guidelines
* Present design concepts and negotiate with stakeholders to arrive at a design that support both the business and a strong user experience.
* Conduct and/or participate in product usability tests.
* Lead design reviews.
* Communicate and work effectively with cross-functional team members including but not limited to sales, marketing, product managers, project managers and software engineers.
* Provide mentoring and education on user experience, as needed.
* Lead team of designers, technical writers and web developers on large-scale design efforts.
* Provide direction for other product designers while evangelising usability, simplicity and high quality design.
* Stay current on trends and best practices in user experience field.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's