Unix Operation Analyst
|Job Title:||Unix Operation Analyst|
|Contact Name:||Gaetan Tangton|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2017 09:22|
Your part of the deal:
The successful candidate will fulfil the role of an Integration Analyst responsible for the deployment of multi-tier Unix applications. Duties will include:
- Specification, development and testing of the deployment and configuration procedures for pre-production and production environments;
- Definition and validation of the application configuration;
- Specification, development and testing of the operational scripts controlling these applications;
- Validation of the launch scenarios for the pre-production and production environments;
- Deployment and configuration of the applications into the permanent test, pre-production and production environments.
When the candidate has acquired sufficient practical experience of the above duties, they will be required to participate to the application design phase of forthcoming changes, identifying production environment impacts of new and changed applications. They will validate the application architecture; define the non-functional requirements to facilitate integration of the changes into production; and assess the operation readiness of the change. Aspects to be consider in this scope: Scheduling; Local and Regional Disaster Recovery; Security; Scalability; Configuration; Deployment; Operation procedures in place.
The team is in frequent contact with the Development, Test and System Engineering teams.
Mandatory Skills include:
- Experience in operating system management (Aix & Linux) and application integration;
- Practical experience of one or more of the following technologies/languages:
o Korn Shell
o Websphere MQ;
o IBM Information Server - DataStage.
- Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment - Conscious and focussed on the controls required to assure the required service levels;
- Good written and oral communication skill in English and in French (mandatory);
- Strong negotiation skills to manage the relations with our stakeholders: developers, testers, system engineers, project leaders;
- Practical knowledge of the main MS Office products: Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
Knowledge of the following is desirable:
- ITIL principles;
- Apache HTTP Server;
- Cognos Business Intelligence
- Oracle - PL/SQL.
- UniPaaS - MagicSoftware
It is occasionally necessary to perform deployment duties outside core business hours. The company expects the candidate to show some flexibility in support of such activities - maximum a couple of times per month, mainly on Thursday and/or Friday evening.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's