Transmission Network Engineer
|Job Title:||Transmission Network Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Sacha Custers|
|Job Published:||December 20, 2018 14:17|
- Engineer international transmission networks (including DCN Network, SDH/PDH network, Optical network and synchronization network)
o Design, test and implement technical solutions based on business and operational requirements, taking into account recent technology evolutions.
o Generates methods, procedures and technical documentation regarding delivered solutions to be used by the various operational departments, performs operational hand-over of the delivered solution
o Ensures that carrier network & associated systems are rightfully dimensioned
o Manages the system's software & hardware lifecycle.
- Ensures good interaction and communication with: Product Managers, Customers, Procurement, Operational teams, Suppliers, Security, Analysts and other Engineers.
- Generating procedures, technical documents and methods to handover the new services or platforms into production
- Follow up technological and market evolution trends
- Engineering Degree with an experience of minimum 5 years in the Telecom service network industry
- Advanced knowledge of
SDH (expert level)
Eth over transmission technologies (SDH, WDM and OTN)
OSS & NBI integration concepts
Knowledge of IP/MPLS
- Hands on experience with Mandatory
SDH hardware and NMS. Experience Alcatel-Lucent (OMSN) and NMS(1354RM, 1354BM, 1353NM, 154SY)
WDM hardware and NMS.
Experience with ADVA FSP3000 and its NMS (TNMS and FSP NMS) is an asset
Experience with Infinera DTN-X
Experience with Infinera XT3600 and Groove products.
- Familiar with Carrier Ethernet Concepts (IETF, ITU-T and MEF definitions; Transport, OAM and Sync protocols)
- Experience on circuit emulation protocols (SAToP, CESoP, CEP), Sync (IEEE1588v2, DCR, ACR, SyncE) and OAM/Performance Monitoring tools/protocols is a plus (RFC2544, Y.1564, TWAMP / CFM, Y.1731, BFD-for MPLS-TP (GAch, GAL) is an asset
- Knowledge on QoS schemes applied to transport networks is an asset
- Good knowledge of Linux systems is a plus
- Additional knowledge (considered as strong assets)
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills, team player, dedicated and can do attitude, analytical & open-minded
- Ability to take initiatives, be autonomous and act proactively is absolutely a must have (!)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Sensitive to various cultures and able to work in an international environment.
- Knowledge of international carrier business is a plus
- Experience on network optimizations and transformation is a plus
- Having worked in service provider environment is a plus
- Ability to integrate technical solution within broader contexts (like business, OSS, governance, …)
- Familiarity with a project approach (planning, follow up, communication…)
- MS Office
Advanced knowledge of Word, excel, Power Point and Visio
Basic knowledge of MS Project
Contact: Sacha Custers
Email: | T: 02 727 11 53
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's