Technical Network Project Manager
|Job Title:||Technical Network Project Manager|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||August 19, 2016 16:21|
A leading financial organisation based in Hertfordshire is recruiting for an experienced Technical Network Project Manager to join them on a permanent basis. You will be primarily responsible for Network Projects (e.g Protocols, Firewalls, Network Segregation) with ideally a bias towards Security.
You will undertake all aspects of project management in order to deliver the objectives within the time, cost and quality constraints. Projects up to £1m in value, large in size or of a high risk profile and complexity.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Very strong experience of Project Managing Network Projects.
* Possess very good technical knowledge with regard to Networks and Security.
* Demonstrable experience of delivering business change projects e.g. staff technology process and ways of working initiatives.
* Demonstrable experience of delivering Technical Network projects in high availability environments from estimates and business case to post implementation reviews
* Any experience within a Payments industry or Financial services would be a distinct advantage.
In addition to this the Project Manager will manage the day-to-day definition and delivery
aspects of multiple projects or work-streams within a programme including, but not limited to:
· Managing and defining scope
· Undertake deliverables to support delivery of projects
· Stakeholder analysis and communications plans
· Risks, Issues, Assumptions and Dependencies
· Budget, spend to date and forecast to complete
· Plan and milestone management
· Matrix resource management
· Reporting and escalation
· Definition and day to day delivery of projects
· Employ the SDLC principles for all projects
· Attend project board reviews, checkpoints and quality reviews
· Minimise commercial or reputational risk to client on projects
* Liaise with external third party suppliers
· Liaise with internal customers and stakeholders
· Work with COO to manage resources needed for a project and provide feedback to their line managers both during and at the end of the assignment
The Project Manager must:
· Be able to demonstrate previous experience of delivering business change projects e.g. staff technology process and ways of working initiatives
· Be able to demonstrate previous experience of delivering Technical Network projects in high availability environments from estimates and business case to post implementation reviews
· Able to communicate openly, clearly and take into account the target audience and desired outcome
· Be resilient, dynamic and committed to achieving results and delivery
· Strong influencing skills and a good awareness of dynamics
· Organised and structured whilst being flexible and responsive to change and able to re-assess priorities in light of changing circumstances
· Generate and support positive relationships inside and outside of the company, and in particular keep business sponsors and stakeholders involved and informed, manage expectations
· Have experience of working in matrix management project contexts
· Accurately forecast budget and resource utilisation
· Ensure project legal documents are completed and signed and have a detailed understanding of all contractual obligations and constraints
· Effectively convey the client position in both written and verbal discussions
· Have experience of running projects with a budget of up to £1m
· Have experience of managing 3rd party suppliers and vendors
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's