|Job Title:||Technical Lead|
|Salary:||£55000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Aleksandra Kontra|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2018 16:55|
The Technical Lead manages the Project Team, developing project delivery strategy and delivering solutions against the scoped requirements to a high level of quality as per the Contract and Schedule.
- In the context of the projects execution, own End-to-End responsibility of the Software Delivery technical element of projects to meet the contracted requirements, timeline and quality commitments.
- Be required to own the Solution, ensuing that any non-OOB requirements are reviewed with the Product Manager to see if the requirements are in current Roadmap and when available or to review as enhancements.
- Be required to manage the Partners and any Project Software Engineers assigned to the Project (known as Project Team), assigning Work Packages and ensuring the reviews on technical Show and Tells, Development and Documentation are fit for purpose and is of the company expected quality.
- Be responsible for the Environment Strategy for the Project and Support Teams, ensuring that these are created, built and fully accessible, whilst providing support to the Customer on their needs.
- Need to liaise with the Product Engineering Team, manage the Testing and Defect strategy and to work in conjunction with the Project Manager to enable the completion of the Project to Cost, Quality and Schedule.
- Incorporate the OPCall Process into the Planning and manage the handover to support activities.
- Be responsible for confirming timesheets provided by the technical resources against the project are appropriate for the work packages assigned and raise any queries with the Project Manager.
- Attend the Project Internal and Customer Meetings as well as hold regular Technical Internal and External Meetings and daily Stand-Up meetings with the team (if appropriate).
- Attend the Scheduled Project Review Meetings supporting the Project Manager.
- Be responsible for any technical workshops held with the Customer during SSDM Management Stage 2 and generating the documentation and attending document reviews.
- Be responsible for managing the technical elements and not the Partner - if a Partner is part of the Project Team they should not be the responsible technical person - this is the role of the Technical Lead
- Own the Delivery Model and Tools - they should review and confirm with the Technical Lead Manager to confirm the Tools and processes being used.
- Need to review activities against the WBS and inform the Project Manager of any delays or risks against these activities and days assigned.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager in relation to the Project Scope, ensuring that the deliverables are in accordance with the Scope of Work - highlighting any instances of potential scope creep and where an Out of Scope item is raised to enable a Change Request.
- Be responsible for the documentation of requirements, schedule and WBS for any Change Requests within the Project.
- Need to confirm the completion of deliverables against milestones and stage reviews.
- Degree in Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Proven experience in a senior technical role within a system integrator or Software Consultancy practice.
- Experience in managing teams and assigning Work Packages.
- Experience in Agile methodologies and tools.
- Flexibility to travel to customer site when required, within the EURAF region and if required further afield as necessary (30% of time).
- Committed to maintaining the highest standards of service quality in all aspects of project delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
- Familiar with contract terms.
- Experience working with global teams / partners.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. (Regional Language Requirements may be required)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong background in spatial technology, graphical applications, real time systems, or other enterprise solutions.
- Experience of business analysis and solution architecture of large complex enterprise solutions.
- Direct customer facing experience.
- Proven track record of problem analysis, identification and resolution.
- Coaches others on effective presentation skills. Collaborates with leadership on mediums and messages that drive the intended direction of the organization with measurable results. Determines the need for theoretical explanations vs. a business actionable answer in a presentation.
- Influences through others, including by use of experts or other third parties. Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Foresees downstream consequences and effectively tailor's communication strategy to support a positive outcome.
- Leads customers to take ownership of explaining their business problems through mutual understanding; engages customers by creating exciting dialogue.
- Effectively directs and mentors others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
If you think this is the right opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
SAN Technical Consultant
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Technical Product Business Analyst (API)
£60000 - £75000 per annum + benefits
Inside Sales Specialist
Application Support Specialist
£33200 - £38500 per annum + Great benefits Package