|Job Title:||System Admin|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Santos|
|Job Published:||November 09, 2018 09:14|
Location: Brussels Delta (from mid-November)
Contract: Permanent role
Our client is the Official Distributor for a major automobile company. They offer a wide range of products in more than twenty countries of West & Central Africa. Based in Brussels (Belgium), The company coordinates the dispatch of vehicles and spare parts to the various African subsidiaries as well as the technical service. They operate an outstanding own sales and service network with operational agility and entrepreneurial spirit. By engaging in partnerships with their customers, they create value delivering state-of-the-art services and products. Their ambition in both territory coverage and product portfolio is a strong commitment to support our customer's growth.
As System Administrator, you are responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of our computer systems, especially single-user computers, such as servers. You ensure that the uptime, performance, security of the computers meet the needs of the users, without exceeding budget.
1.Plans and coordinates the setup, installation, and configuration of operating system (including hardware and software), new software releases, and upgrades.
2.Monitors, tunes, diagnoses, and resolves complex operating system, application, and database problems; monitors network performance to determine future requirements.
3.Benchmark, analyse, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the Windows server infrastructure and related IT systems.
4.Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoots, maintains, and resolve complex hardware and software problems, typically related to system failures, with servers, hardware, operating systems, security, applications, database structures, and data protection.
5.Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, standards and service provisioning.
6.Handle security user accounts, permissions, access rights, and storage allocations in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
7.Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
8.Plans, coordinates, and implements security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
9.Develops, tests, and implements complex scripts to automate common functions or system operations.
10.Consults with users to identify existing system problems then evaluates and recommends various software and hardware solutions to meet user needs.
11.Practice hardware/software asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
12.Maintain documentation for policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
13.Any other cognate duties that may from time to time be required which are appropriate to the role and business
* Bachelor Degree in IT support or equivalent job experience
* 3 to 5 years of experience working with Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems. A deep and thorough understanding of Windows fundamentals is a must (Microsoft certification is an asset). This includes file system behaviours, driver/software/firmware management and desktop issue troubleshooting. Experience with Windows Server platforms is a plus
* Ability to diagnose and resolve advanced technical issues
* Possesses extensive knowledge of the following areas: SAN/storage technologies and infrastructure, Networking, Database Administration and Active Directory administration
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
* Customer oriented
* Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other technical products
* Proficiency in English and French. Dutch is an asset
* Willingness to travel in Brussels and Antwerp regions
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's