|Job Title:||Solution Architect|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||January 11, 2017 16:17|
PLEASE NOTE THAT AS THIS POSITION WILL REQUIRE SOME WORKING ON A GOVT. SITE, IN ORDER TO MEET COMPLIANCE YOU MUST BE A BRITISH NATIONAL OR BEEN RESIDENT IN THE UK FOR AT LEAST 5 YRS.
My client , an independent, leading IT consultancy has the opportunity for a Solution Architect to work on it's client site in London EC4.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
* Solid experience with large scale and complex SDLC projects for recognised clients (Banks / Insurance / Gov or similar)
* Possess a strong personality, with very good communication skills to enable you to work within a potentially highly political environment
* Good knowledge of open source and open standards
* Good knowledge of market leading vendor products and solutions
* Good understanding of architectural concepts, methodologies and approaches
* Strong, hands-on background - excellent experience with JEE, Java, Web Services, REST, WSDL, SOAP, XML, XSD
* Good knowledge of architecture, design patterns and UML
* Knowledge of common integration techniques and approaches.
* Good knowledge of non-functional drivers for design.
* Quality Assurance skills to assess quality and completeness of deliverables
* Knowledge of both traditional and agile delivery methods
* Ability to understand and challenge designs
* Ability to manage developers.
* Drive and desire to further your skillset and lead in the application domain.
Roles definition / duties
* Define the solution architecture for a high profile, public facing, government digital service.
* Define the architectural roadmap for the project.
* Investigate and thoroughly understand the current live applications and systems.
* Ensure that the scope, context and constraints are documented and accepted.
* Identify, engage and enfranchise stakeholders.
* Facilitate the making of system-level decisions, ensuring that they are made on the basis of the best information and are aligned with stakeholder needs.
* Capture and interpret input from technical and domain specialists (and represent this accurately to stakeholders as needed).
* Define and document strategies, standards and guidelines to direct the build and deployment of the system.
* Ensure that the architecture meets the system quality attributes.
* Help ensure that agreed upon architectural principles and standards are applied to the finished system or product
* Provide architectural and technical leadership.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's