Senior Windows Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Windows Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Santos|
|Job Published:||April 06, 2018 11:34|
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Start Date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6-months renew
Occasionally tasks need to be performed before or after business hours
Weekend Work required
Our client is one of the leading financial company and is in charge to put into relation national and international banks.
They are seeking for a Senior Windows engineer looking for a position combining product lifecycle management activities ( +- 40 Products ) , Project support by designing and integrating applications over the windows and virtualization platform and production 3th level support on resolving complex incidents and problems .
- Own a subset of products by managing the technical expertise , products lifecycle and security patching and compliancy .
- Assess the security vulnerabilities impacting the Windows & virtualization products and propose / follow the resolution together with the windows infrastructure teams.
- Support the company's projects in integrating applications on the windows and virtualization platform by providing infrastructure expertise , guidelines and standards .
- Contribute to the 3th level support by troubleshooting complex incident in collaboration with other 3th level support teams if required.
- Investigate the root cause of production problems by performing deep technical analysis , coordinating the resolution and raising cases with the vendors if required.
- Contribute to weekend work ( average 1 weekend per 6 weeks )
- Contribute to overnight watch duty ( average 1week every 6 weeks )
This position will permit you to be involved in managing windows server lifecycle in a complex and hybrid environment: multi forest - multi domain, DMZ, SAN, virtualization ,links with other platforms such as mainframe, networking elements, covering +- 1600 Windows servers . This role will give you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.
Technical Skills & experience:
* Several years relevant experience in managing large windows server environments.
* Very good Knowledge on windows operating systems and related management component ( Antivirus , Backup , monitoring etc ) .
* Very good Knowledge of Active directory , AD LDS and Federation services technologies .
* Very good Knowledge of overall security principles and techniques with a proven experience in the windows domain.
* Relevant experience in an engineering position ( design )
* Experience in producing complex authentication designs ( ADDS, ADFS, ADLDS but also RSA, SSO, hybrid authentication )
* Good Knowledge of the Virtualization environments (Vmware ) .
* Knowledge of clustering solutions and server hardware technologies (HP , Vblock ).
* Knowledge on one or more areas: SAN, NAS, Networking , RSA , Liberman , file & print services .
- Client Focused
- Team player
- Autonomous, self-learner
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Have a good Communication skills required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Have a Good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
Essential Languages :
Fluently English mandatory
French or Dutch
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
System Engineer Windows
Senior DevOps Engineer
£55000 - £75000 per annum
Senior Big Data Analytics Software Engineer
£320 - £375 per day
£30000 - £40000 per annum