Senior Windows Automation Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Windows Automation Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Fuat Yuksel|
|Job Published:||June 29, 2016 08:59|
You will take an active role on the following technical tasks:
- Manage Windows server builds in a physical ( HP Blade and DL ) and virtual Environment ( Vmware ESX ) .
- Manage the relationship with server build customers .
- Automate Windows server operating system (Windows 2008, 2012) Rollout and related OS component on a full unattended mode (Winpe , VBS , PowerShell ) .
- Automate Middleware application deployment ( +- 80 products ) & configuration (Install Shield, MSI etc ..)
- Manage the deployment infrastructure integration , maintenance and evolution ( In-House Solution combined with BMC Server Automation BladeLogic ).
- Identify automation opportunities , design and script tools for managing the Windows environment.
- Streamline the team processes and drive related improvement documentation.
Overview of the organizational tasks :
- Perform project management tasks for internal (within the team) projects or projects managed by other teams
- Organize the execution of larger tasks, that take several Mandays of preparation, between members of the team
- Coordinate the follow up of such tasks between several engineers of the own team and other teams.
This position will permit you to be involved in managing windows server life-cycle on a complex and hybrid environment: multi forest - multi domain, DMZ, SAN, links with other platforms such as mainframe, networking elements, covering about 2000 Windows servers and +300 Unix servers. This role will give you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.
Technical Skills & experience:
* At least 5 years relevant experience in managing large windows server environments.
* Good Knowledge on windows scripting technologies such as PowerShell , WMI, HTA.
* Good Knowledge on windows 2008 and 2012 and related component.
* Familiar with Virtualization environments (ESX Vmware)
* Knowledge on managing deployment solutions (BMC Blade Logic preferable).
* Knowledge on packaging technologies : install shield, MSI, Unattended Installs
- Knowledge of clustering solutions and server hardware technology (HP preferable).
- Knowledge on one or more areas: .NET , SAN, MSCS, HLB, terminal services , RDP , ASP.NET .
- Client Focused
- Team player
- Autonomous, self learner
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Have a good Communication skills required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Have a Good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
System Engineer Windows
Software Test Automation Engineer
£35000 - £43000 per annum
Windows Server and ESX Admin
Software Test Automation Architect
£55000 - £65000 per annum