Senior Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Santos|
|Job Published:||November 07, 2016 14:27|
Your part of the deal:
Our client is seeking for a Senior Windows & Virtualization engineer looking for a position combining the management of a portfolio of about 40 products , the support to project on designing and integrating applications over the windows and virtualization platform and the 3rd level support on resolving complex incidents and problems .
In this role , you will :
- Own a subset of products by managing the technical expertise , products lifecycle and security patching and compliancy .
- Assess the security vulnerabilities impacting the Windows & virtualization products and propose / follow the resolution together with the windows infrastructure teams.
- Support the projects of the company integrating applications on the windows and virtualization platform by providing infrastructure expertise , guidelines and standards .
- Contribute to the 3rd level support by troubleshooting complex incident in collaboration with other 3rd level support teams if required.
- Investigate the root cause of production problems by performing deep technical analysis , coordinating the resolution and raising cases with the vendors if required.
- Contribute to weekend work ( average 1 weekend per 6 weeks )
- Contribute to overnight watch duty ( average 1 week every 6 weeks )
This position will permit you to be involved in managing windows server lifecycle in a complex and hybrid environment: multi forest - multi domain, DMZ, SAN, virtualization ,links with other platforms such as mainframe, networking elements, covering +- 1600 Windows servers . This role will give you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.
Technical Skills & experience:
* Several years relevant experience in managing large windows server environments.
* Very good Knowledge of windows 2008 and 2012 and related management component ( Antivirus , Backup , monitoring etc ) .
* Very good Knowledge of Active directory , AD LDS and Federation services technologies .
* Very good Knowledge of overall security principles and techniques with a proven experience in the windows domain.
* Relevant experience in an engineering position ( design )
* Experience in producing complex authentication designs ( ADDS, ADFS, ADLDS but also RSA, SSO, hybrid authentication )
* Good Knowledge of the Virtualization environments (Vmware ) .
- Knowledge of clustering solutions and server hardware technologies (HP , Vblock ).
- Knowledge on one or more areas: SAN, NAS, Networking , RSA , Liberman , file & print services .
- Client Focused
- Team player
- Autonomous, self-learner
- Can easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Have a good Communication skills required to cooperate with other team members and people from other teams.
- Have a Good analytical skills/problem solving skills.
- accurate: focus on quality rather than on speed.
Essential Languages :
Fluently English mandatory
French or Dutch
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Pressure Systems Technical Engineer
Control Systems Engineer Matlab / Simulink
Up to £38 per hour
Embedded Software Engineer - Embedded Systems
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour
Controls Systems Quality Leader