Senior Oracle DBA
|Job Title:||Senior Oracle DBA|
|Contact Name:||Valeria Bonaccorso|
|Job Published:||June 02, 2017 17:05|
What would your responsibilities be like?
- Implementing and supporting activities for systems owned by the application teams.
- Specific responsibilities include installing & supporting system software, performing system upgrades, and evaluating and installing patches and software updates.
- Operational support activities such as resolving software related problems, managing backup & recovery activity, administering technology layers, managing monitoring & alerting functions, performing capacity planning and conducting version management.
- Database administrators work closely with architects, infrastructure support, system engineers and application support teams to ensure seamless and quality support for customers and alignment with the company's standards, controls and governance.
What would your typical tasks/responsibilities be like?
- Migration of the Oracle databases from Solaris to Linux.
- Implementation of DaaS (for faster "refreshes)
- Automation of delivery of new databases
- Improvement of the security of our Oracle databases.
- Implementation of Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Upgrade of 11g databases to 12c rel2
- Implementation of Multi-tenant design.
- Compliance with GDPR rules.
- Management of the licences (compliance checks and optimisation)
What skills do you need to have?
- English is a must, French and Dutch is a plus.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems. Experience with Windows is a plus.
- Expert within Oracle environments. (minimum 5 years).
- Scripting : PL/SQL and shell scripting
- Experience with database performance tuning including determining database disk requirements and layouts, tuning of database parameters, and tuning queries/jobs
- Ability to work with other technical colleagues within the organisation
- Demonstrate effective time management and organisational skills in prioritising and executing assigned tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work close in team environment.
Do you think that this opportunity is interesting and that you could be a good match for this role? Feel free to contact me back with your updated CV.
You're currently on a mission and not immediately available? Just share this job description within your network!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Software Engineer - Senior Software Developer
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Senior Back End Developer
Senior Windows Engineer
Senior Windows Engineer
IT Senior Project Manager