Senior IT Monitoring Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior IT Monitoring Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Santos|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2017 10:25|
As an IT System Engineer, you will join the Enterprise System Management team that is composed of very highly technically skilled engineers in charge of the products infrastructure supporting the ITIL processes such as incident & problem management, asset management, capacity management, ....
The team is also responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining the monitoring infrastructure in a very large high-availability environment (15000 agents, 500K-800K events/month, 12000 tickets/month) covering +/- 3000 servers (Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris) spread into 3 data centres across Europe and provide automatic and real-time alerting to support teams. It also includes monitoring of several IBM mainframes, links with network monitoring tools, performance and capacity monitoring system and HP Nonstop servers. These solutions are then critical for business and support teams.
You will be involved in the following tasks:
- Participate on the support of our monitoring or ITIL products infrastructure. All in accordance with security policies and guidelines:
- Interview a broad variety of stakeholders (e.g. network engineers, systems engineers, storage engineers, DBAs, application engineers, developers, end-users), to ascertain how best to monitor the infrastructure components and the applications which they support.
- Configure monitoring definitions and code monitoring scenario / rules according to initial end-users and technical specialists requirements
- be involved in third-line and second-line support of those solutions and platforms; fixing technical incidents on these platforms (restoring the service) and proposing long term solutions or improvements;
Participate in cross-functional teams to develop, design and build documents, work plan timelines to meet project timeframes
- Document and complete knowledge transfer to other team members
- Working with vendors to resolve problems
- Be involved in Watch duty and week-end work activities
At least 5 years of hands-on experience in designing, implementing, maintaining and managing monitoring or ITIL products in large environment (with processes and controls).
- You appreciate technical challenges always keeping in mind our customer needs and requirements;
- You are methodical, well-structured and voluntary;
- You are able to acquire quickly knowledge/expertise on new technologies and products but also keen to sharing your current ones with other team members;
- You are a team player. You strongly believe that being part of a team is a strength;
- You have good knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems;
- You have good skills in scripting languages (PERL, Python, Shell, VBS, Java...);
- You have good knowledge (writing/speaking) in English;
Expertise in one or several of the following products (CA SDM/ESD, BMC ITSM, BMC ADDM, IBM Tivoli Monitoring, IBM Netcool Omnibus, IBM Netcool Impact, Splunk, Axway BusinessBridge, IPlabel Newtest) is required
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's