Senior Engagement (Estimation) Manager
|Job Title:||Senior Engagement (Estimation) Manager|
|Salary:||£400.00 - £450.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||June 14, 2016 15:19|
A market leading payments company based in North West London / Hertfordshire requires a Senior Engagement Manager on a contract basis within it's PMO division.
More details on the position and knowledge required are below but key skills needed for this role are:
* Estimation processes
* Been involved in Bid Management
Please make sure all your experience with the above is demonstrable on your cv.
OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
* The purpose of the Senior Engagement Manager role is to provide oversight, support and control over the inputs and outputs of the Estimation process and to ensure all estimations are appropriately challenged, approved and entered into the portfolio to enable Portfolio scenario planning.
* To take responsibility for ensuring that all work requests estimations are following the agreed process and applying judgement when flexibility is required for estimates.
* Directly reporting to the Portfolio Planning Manager, the Senior Engagement Manager is expected to have the necessary credibility within the organisation to manage the COO Response team, comprising the Northern and Southern-based SMEs as appropriate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Experience in facilitating an estimation process from initiation to business approval
* Experience of structured decision making
* Experience in an ITIL based service organisation
* Experience of working in a formal Project Management environment
* Substantial experience of stakeholder management up to and including Director level
* Ability to organise and facilitate key meetings and workshops as required
* High level of professionalism and diplomacy with proven communication skills (oral and written)
* A team player with good communications skills, who is flexible, pro-active, able to "multi-task" and work under pressure with minimal supervision
* Good organisational skills and high level of customer focus
* Good MS Office skills using MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Visio
* Exceptional organisational and facilitation skills
* Leadership, communication and influencing skills so that activities and initiatives are seen as facilitating rather than impeding business process
* Experience in planning and analysis or management information roles within 'blue chip' or professional organisations
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAIN DUTIES:
* Working together with the Engagement Managers to ensure that all work requests are correctly identified, triaged and managed through the estimate lifecycle.
* Identifying improvements in the current Ways of Working and managing quick and fast improvements without impacting the business.
* Facilitating and chairing the regular triage meetings, managing both the inputs and outputs ensuring follow up and co-ordination of agreed actions and plans
* Producing management information demonstrating both effective performance against agreed estimation control points and current status of estimations recommending change to ensure first class process are retained
* Working with key stakeholders across COO, Commercial & Product teams to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction.
* Managing against challenging SLA's to ensure stakeholder expectations are met.
* Ensuring effective information and configuration management controls applied
* Instigate the co-ordination of key contributors from across the business in order to facilitate the production of estimates.
* Acting as the single point of contact within the Southern business for all estimates supporting bids, proposals, requests for change and all new work requests from Commercial and Products and ensuring appropriate management sign off is obtained before work is released.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per month
IT Senior Project Manager
Senior Software Engineer - Senior Software Developer
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Senior Back End Developer
Senior Windows Engineer