Senior DevOps Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior DevOps Engineer|
|Location:||Gatwick, West Sussex|
|Salary:||£38000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||David Sheppard|
|Job Published:||June 22, 2017 15:42|
The role involves managing various types of Linux containers, virtual machines and servers predominantly housing LAMP/LEMP stack setups that host a wide range of web based technologies as well as maintaining and scaling web application servers and the services they run.
You will take ownership of projects working in a DevOps environment Communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff and the business to Implement new technologies.
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
· Managing large high traffic websites for Clients across multiple data centres globally
· Maintain end-to-end security ensuring best practices
· Provision and maintaining all servers using configuration management tools
· Architect and implement challenging web based production ready solutions
· Work closely with in-house web developers
KEY SKILLS FOR THIS ROLE
Excellent knowledge of LAMP and LEMP environments
Expert understanding and effective application of LINUX command-line
Ability to scope and estimate technical builds.
Effectively conduct architectural reviews
Exposure to configuration management systems such as Puppet/Chef
Exposure to Continuous Development Tools such as Jenkins
Experience of using version control:
· Robust knowledge and understanding of Databases (MySql/ MariaDB)
· An understanding of Virtualisation Software (VMWare , OpenVZ, KVM, Docker )
· An understanding of public cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
· Knowledge of monitoring systems (Nagios, Cacti, ELK)
· Good verbal and communication skills
· Good time management skills
· Self-motivated with a sense of ownership.
· Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure.
· Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent.
The Company has a huge reputation within the industry and work with very well-known clients that will allow you to develop your career and technical ability.
This role is a career opportunity with a top Company so if you feel you have the above skills and are looking for a new challenge please apply or else call David Sheppard on 01737 236702
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's