Senior BI Development Lead (SAP Data Services)
|Job Title:||Senior BI Development Lead (SAP Data Services)|
|Location:||South West London, London|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||August 29, 2017 15:41|
Contribute to the growth and value of the Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) function within the client through effective technical leadership of a team of BI Developers, promoting best practice throughout the full technical BI delivery process to deliver high quality insights to support the growth of the company. Contribute to and execute on defined strategy surrounding overall technical architecture.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual with expert level ETL ( must have SAP Data Services ) and SQL experience who is looking for a challenging and fast paced work environment. Experience with SAP BI Applications is a plus.
* Must have strong recent experience with SAP Data Services
* Design, development and optimisation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to meet business requirements
* Design, direct and develop processes for acquiring data from disparate data sources using innovative methods
* Scoping, estimation and delivery of EDW deliverables
* Responsibility for management of the BI platforms that are in use.
* Lead a team of BI developers through coaching, mentoring and managing team deliverables.
* Quality review of EDW deliverables
* Ensure that existing and newly delivered technical implementations continue to perform against agreed performance metrics.
* Contribute to selection and recommendation of new BI tools matching requirements and/or BI strategy.
* Contribute to definition and implementation of Master Data Management and Enterprise Information Management initiatives
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
* Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar Analytical discipline or equivalent experience
* Minimum 8 years' relevant experience
* Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques used in analytical model design and development
* Expert-level in Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) development, release and management, ideally SAP Data Services
* Solid understanding of SQL and report design principles
* Demonstrate a good balance between technical expertise and commercial business awareness
* Strong expertise in database languages such as T-SQL for SQL Server and PL/SQL for Oracle 12c
* Passion for handling, analysing and transforming large, complex data sets into workable information sets.
* Experience in driving data quality and process improvements
* Be able to demonstrate report development experience to deliver analysis and insight as required.
Essential competencies and behaviours:
* A self-starter and problem solver capable of identifying and implementing improvements to processes
* Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills
* Ability to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion
* Ability to work in a pressurised, changing environment with strong focus on high quality and timely delivery of outputs
* Ability to work effectively in virtual, interdisciplinary teams as well as to work autonomously, take initiative and make things happen
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills and attention to detail
* Experience of Master Data Management and Enterprise Information Management principles.
* Demonstrate a working knowledge of database administration experience for Oracle and SQL Server database technologies
* Experience of working in Agile BI delivery models
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's