|Job Title:||Reporting Analyst|
|Location:||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£28000 - £30000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||August 29, 2018 14:55|
Working as a member of a team supporting one of the client's most business critical systems, the Reporting Analyst will be responsible for developing new, and supporting existing reporting, both to their internal business and to external clients.
A significant portion of the work will also involve data manipulation and analysis. The role will also involve exploring new methods of delivering data both internally and for clients, and building the business case for moving towards dynamic reporting techniques offered by tools such as Power BI.
Although primary responsibility for this role will be on reporting services, as a member of the operational team you will be expected to use your systems knowledge and expertise to provide wider application operations where required (e.g. application data updates, delivery of client requests etc).
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* At least 3 years SQL programming experience, gained in a business environment.
* At least 3 years reporting experience, gained in a business environment.
* Exposure to business intelligence tools and techniques such as Power BI.
* Knowledge of data warehousing tools (SSIS / SSAS) and techniques.
* Experience of working closely with business users (e.g. performing requirements analysis).
* Experience of developing client facing systems (desirable).
* An understanding of business risk, in particular, how to reduce risk within and through report development.
* Hands on maintenance of existing, and development of new reports, that help drive value from their Intellectual Property Management Application database.
* Liaise with a variety of stakeholders (including Partners, Business Architects, Records & Systems Managers and Testers) to agree detailed report requirements.
* Release tested reports to the live/production environment and investigate potential issues.
* Liaise and co-ordinate with the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) team to deliver systems components for UAT.
* Identify and promote standards for our reporting technology and processes across our business.