Project Support Analyst (PSA)
|Job Title:||Project Support Analyst (PSA)|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kim Eager|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2016 11:42|
A market leading Payments company based in Hertfordshire has the excellent opportunity for a Project Support Analyst to join on a permanent basis. They need somone who can own and drive agreed aspects of the Project or Programme. They ARE NOT looking for a Project Support Officer (PSO) or Project Management Officer (PMO) so please do not apply if you have this experience.
The successful candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
* Extensive experience of working closely with Project Managers on various projects and programmes.
* Working with various different workstreams e.g Test teams, and making sure you deliver.
* Have good experience with an Enterprise Management tool, the client uses Planview, but any others such as Clarity, MS Project etc would suffice depending on the level of experience.
* Have a basic understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) - making sure the projects are pushed through the gates on the tool.
* Strong experience of Document Control and Management
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Provide Project/Programme Managers with assistance in producing and maintaining meaningful plans in PlanView to enable the Project/Programme Managers to monitor progress against tasks, and analyse the information to track project status
* Update the plan to reschedule work and highlight slippage against tasks/milestones
* Assist Project/Programme Managers to create and maintain the project forecast in line with the Project Accounting Timetable
* Update Finances within PlanView with agreed project forecasts, in line with the Project Accounting Timetable
* Update Resource requirements with agreed project forecasts in PlanView, in line with the Project Accounting Timetable
* Raise and receipt purchase orders
* Initiate and/or track the process for setting up new starters to the project, as required by the project team
* Facilitate document management control, organisation of project filing and to monitor documents progress through the Corporate Document Management System |(DMS) on a Project/Programme's behalf. This includes administering and progressing formal document reviews, documents to be loaded into DMS within 24 hours of arriving in the DMS mailbox unless agreed by exception
* Assist Project/Programme Managers in collating and producing Board packs. To attend Board meetings, act as scribe and contribute to discussions where appropriate
* Attend regular Checkpoint Meetings and draft (Internal/External) Checkpoint Reports for approval by Project Managers, and distribute minutes and/or actions as required
* Organise and facilitate RAID workshops in conjunction with Project/ Programme Managers and Programme Assurance. To review and follow up outstanding RAID items with owners where appropriate on behalf of project managers
* Raise and log Project/Programme risks, issues, dependencies on PlanView and ensure that they have an owner to enable them to be reviewed, prioritised, monitored and mitigated
Assist in ensuring alignment to SDLC through:
* Reviewing agreed SDLC exceptions and ensuring that all the mandatory elements of SDLC (barring agreed exceptions) are included on the plans - artefacts, reviews, gates
* Plainview (RAID tracking) - check for overdue records/ensure reviews are taking place/ensure that records are closed as appropriate
* Raising general awareness of SDLC Portal
* Proactive engagement with the Assurance representative for each project, to understand what they are doing and to share understanding
* To attend and minute key meetings as required by project governance, regular or ad-hoc. Ensure that actions are progressed ahead of the next scheduled meeting.
* Programme/Project Managers - establishing effective, supportive working relationships for day-to-day progression of work as described above
* Work-stream Team Leaders - to obtain details of their plans, progress against those plans and forecasted expenditure
* Programme Assurance Group - to ensure work is carried out to a consistent standard in accordance with standard and agreed programme processes/governance and highlight inconsistencies and areas of concern
* Finance - maintaining all financial and resourcing information in collaboration with the project finance analyst
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Application Support Analyst (Java)
£38000 - £45000 per annum
1st Line Technical Support Analyst
Application Support Engineer
IT Support Technician
IT Senior Project Manager