|Job Title:||Project Manager|
|Salary:||flex budget 13eme mois|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Mawaka|
|Job Published:||December 18, 2018 16:46|
As part of the reorganization of IT management activities and monitoring of Insurance applications and projects, we are looking for an Application Project Manager. To provide the analysis, execution of the development, testing, maintenance and changes in computer applications in accordance with existing standards (in terms of time, quality, scope, budget, inter-departmental and business relations); co-ordinate and manage the activities of a Solution Design, Build & Test team, in order to achieve, from an operational point of view, the sustainability, quality and efficiency goals and development of employees.
Your tasks will be to:
- Define objectives and results expected from the team, communicate and monitor them, evaluate co-workers and participate in their recruitment, in order to guarantee an effective team.
- Coach, motivate and support members of his team in order to manage and develop their competences, their skills and their know-how as best as possible and guarantee the efficient functioning of the team and individual development.
- Position yourself as point of contact between the team and other units to ensure the team has the relevant information, to help them make decisions and consolidate the partner image.
- Supervise and organize the activities of employees in accordance with priorities and their individual skills, provide them with the necessary tools and an optimum working context, in order to offer a level of service that responds to the demands of internal clients within set timescales.
- Anticipate risks and intervene if necessary in the guidelines to be followed under the analysis, development or tests, in compliance with the methodology and procedures to achieve fixed goals.
- Stimulate and structure the exchange of information, knowledge and expertise within the team and in cross-disciplinary fashion in order to consolidate individual know-how and improve the quality of the service provided.
- Attend meetings with internal (users, other divisions, etc.) and external (providers of external services) contacts, negotiate autonomously and take a position as a reference person in your field of expertise, to ensure optimum cooperation with the external partners and the definition of projects matching the needs of the organization.
- Contribute to team activities and act as a mentor to provide your support.
- Deal with and follow up malfunctions in order to guarantee service quality that complies with quality and computer security standards of the organization.
- A masters in IT preferably or similar in experience
- Experience in the life insurance is a great advantage
- A minimum of three years' relevant experience or 5 to 10 years within a position of Software development Manager
- Experience managing a team;
- Knowledge of mainframes / Cobol is an advantage
- A good knowledge of the technical vocabulary in your field activity in the second national language and in English.
You can also:
encourage your team, guiding it to successful conclusions and creating a context that encourages taking initiatives and risks;
be an effective go-between for innovation and change and you stimulate your co-workers in proposing, arguing, defending and executing new ideas successfully;
be the force that drives customer focus and you stimulate and advise your co-workers on developing their customer focus;
help your colleagues to acquire new knowledge, approaches or practices in the light of new problems or contexts;
encourage discussions and stimulate your colleagues to share and help each other;
encourage and promote the expression of new ideas and take inspiration from this to move internal practices forward.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's