Programme Test Manager
|Job Title:||Programme Test Manager|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£60000 - £72000 per annum + bonus other benefits|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2019 12:00|
The Programme Test Assurance Manager will:
* Act as the primary point of contact in the client for test assurance activities for a Release, covering Pre Integration Testing and Systems Integration Testing and supporting the smooth handover to User Integration Testing and Production.
* Produce and consult on the Test Approach Document(s) and Test Plan(s) or the equivalent documents
* Establish the required scope of testing to be undertaken for each phase of a release
* Determine and manage the resources required to assure assigned Releases.
* Act as the primary point of contact with the client's Service Providers on related testing matters.
* Agree how the detailed testing will be undertaken, evidenced and reported by the Service Providers.
* Direct the end client witnessing of tests and inspecting test results
* Collate, produce and present reports to the relevant governance bodies both internal and external to the end client.
* Where required, will provide support to other areas of the Test Assurance function
* Lead the end client's engagement with the Programmes/Projects and Service Providers on test assurance matters.
* Establish the scope and agree the detail of testing to be undertaken by the Service Providers
* Direct the analysis of test evidence to confirm that established criteria have been met
Collation and presentation of information on the progress of testing and its assurance
* Production of routine and ad-hoc reports and timely escalation of issues to the Head of Test Assurance
Skills and Experiences Essential
* A test professional with a minimum of 10 years relevant testing experience. 3+ years of which, will be at Programme Test Manager level.
* The ability and experience necessary to rapidly understand complex functionality and architectures
* Possesses an in depth understanding of testing standards and processes, and how these apply to a service provider
* The skills and experience to:
-scope the required system testing
-define the associated business scenarios
-assess and monitor the test programme and plan proposed by the Service Provider
witness tests and inspect test results
* Demonstrates excellent analytical skills: identifying any exceptions to the agreed test approach, proposing alternative solutions and agreeing appropriate responses
* Demonstrates strong communications and presentation skills, written and verbal
* Committed to driving a quality service
* Approachable, with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working
Skill and Experiences Desirable
* Experienced in using test management tools (such as HP ALM) to manage test execution and reporting
* Familiarisation with Remedy, Incident Management System
* Knowledge of the GB telecoms or energy industry, in particular smart metering, is desirable
* ISEB, ISTQB or equivalent certification
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's