|Job Title:||Problem Manager|
|Contact Name:||Gaetan Tangton|
|Job Published:||May 02, 2017 14:02|
Focus on mainframe but flexible enough to cover other areas.
As member of the Problem Management team of the company Group, you will have to work in close relation with the different 2nd and 3rd level support experts across the different entities and ensuring an optimal follow-up of a problem from creation until closure :
* gathering & understanding to the root cause of production incidents
* regularly assess the risk of problems based on the likelihood and on the clients impact, correct evalution of the impacts
* ensuring the documentation is complete & accurate and the support teams in charge are taking the ownership of the actions allocated to them
* ensure progress & monitor resolution of problems ensuring that Requests for Change are raised by support teams with appropriate priority within the Change Management process for timely implementation and launch
* keep ownership of the problem till its closure
You will participate in the daily review of the most critical or recurring production incidents.
You will have to lead/coordinate virtual teams in charge of complex problem resolution involving technical experts across domains using the PSS techniques.
You will ensure that there is a clear understanding of the problem, therefore you will consult the technical experts on a regular basis and discuss priorities, timing, solutions,...
You will participate in the optimization and generating of the Problem Management reports
Your Profile: 1) Strong communication skills and assertiveness for effective handling of problem analysis and coordination of efforts of virtual teams composed of technical experts across departments and support domains.
Principle strengths include coaching abilities, stress resistance, dedication and self motivation, multitasking, highly developed communication and people skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
2) Effective writing and rigorous in the administration tasks
3) Strong analytical mind, ability to run investigations, do root cause analysis and drive the resolution of complex problems impacting several domains
4) Knowledge of ITIL and the Problem Management process in particular.
5) Familiar to organize/prepare and drive meetings with all levels of expertise and management within the company
6) Strong experience of a large multi-platforms based IT environment (mainly IBM Mainframe MVS z/OS ; Windows, Unix, Network and HP Tandem NonStop are a plus)
7) Good knowledge of Excel, Access and Crystal Reports
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£280 - £300 per day
Data Manager - Network
Lead Project Manager
ERP Technical Sales Solutions Manager
bonus + excellent benefits
Infrastructure Architect for Public Cloud
£650 - £700 per day