|Job Title:||Problem Manager|
|Contact Name:||Quentin Destat|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2016 15:59|
As a Problem Manager you will, on a daily base and in collaboration with the IT support organisation, lead the investigations of root causes of IT Production incidents and the implementation of corrective actions to prevent their recurrence. You will take the end-to-end ownership of problems, assigning their analysis and resolution to the technical support teams. You will coordinate the work of IT experts across multiple application or technical domains, tracking progress and ensuring timely resolution in line with problem priorities and within the KPI threshold.
Your part of the deal:
* Run the standard Problem management
* Identify and record the problems through the review of the incidents affecting the technical infrastructure
* Assign and review the priority and the ranking of each CT problems, based on the impact and the likelihood that the underlying incidents could have on the IT services
* Support the IT responsible in the identification of the incidents root causes and the definition of the appropriate solutions
* Coordinate with the Change Management control unit (ATC) and the Configuration management unit and the CT support teams to agree and secure the launch date(s) of the correction(s)
* Perform pro-active Problem management by continuously monitoring the less critical recurrent incidents and capturing non-technical root causes of incidents. Help the Support teams in identifying and recording problems before they create incidents.
* Develop and execute Problem management monitoring tools to help the IT Responsibles to better prioritise the problems resolution workload and commit on corrections launch dates
* Contribute to SWAT teams and Task force initiatives
* IT background in the Distributed and/or Mainframe by university or high school or equivalent by experience
* At least 3 to 5 years of experience in a large multi-platform based IT environment (mainly Windows and IBM Mainframe MVS z/OS ; Unix and HP Tandem NonStop are a plus)
* Experience in Middleware products such as IIS, COM+, CICs, DB2, SQL, Oracle, File transfer (Connect:Direct; Managed file transfer ), Sharepoint, Jive, …..
* Strong communication skills and assertiveness for effective handling of problem analysis and coordination of efforts within teams composed of technical experts across departments and support domains.
* Main strengths include coaching abilities, stress resistance, dedication and self- motivation, multitasking, highly developed communication and people skills and entrepreneurial spirit
* Strong analytical mind and complex problem solving skills, ability to run investigations, do root cause analysis and drive the resolution of complex problems impacting several domains
* Autonomy and leadership : Works autonomously on standard activities or non-complex demands. Organises, co-ordinates and plans activities independently. Priorities are set by the job. Uses expertise to challenge the goals and scope of new requests and evaluates the impact of these new requirements
* Rigorous mind to synthesize - effective writing and rigorous in admin tasks
* Knowledge of ITIL and the Problem Management process in particular.
* Familiar to organize/prepare and drive meetings with different levels of expertise and management within the company
* Good knowledge of Excell and Access
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Crawley, West Sussex
£40000 - £48000 per annum
£550.00 - £600.00 per day + benefits
Business Intelligence Manager (H/F)
Content Manager (Sharepoint)
£350 - £400 per day
Business Analyst/Project Manager GDPR Implementation