Principle Designer (Agile, Payments)
|Job Title:||Principle Designer (Agile, Payments)|
|Salary:||£550.00 - £650 per day|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||June 27, 2016 17:01|
A market leading payments company based in Bedfordshire requires a Principal Designer on an initial 3 month contract. You will be responsible for the architectural design of internal and external projects and provide product architecture and technical expertise to the client and to the project team throughout the product lifecycle, from pre-sales to live support.
Skills and experience required:
* Extensive IT experience, with significant experience in an architectural role
* Experience in a range of technologies, including the clients technology stack(s), Oracle, Java, Weblogic, Middleware
* Experience within the payments industry
* Strong experience of working within Agile frameworks (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean, SAFe, LeSS, DAD, Nexus, etc)
* Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen, present and communicate complex architectures clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences
* Strong problem solving skills
* Strong client focus
* Understanding of the system development lifecycle from pre-sales to live operation and support, ideally from a managed services perspective
* Ability to assemble a broad set of technologies and services to create a complete solution to a business requirement: application software, middleware, database, hardware, storage, network
* Understanding of solution trade-offs such as cost, scope, timescale, and balance between long-term strategic and short-term pragmatic considerations
* Ability to work with domain and technology experts to develop solution from high level architecture to detailed design level - recognised as a subject matter expert
* Ability to provide technical authority and governance role through lifetime of project
Good understanding of one or more payments systems e.g. BACS, SEPA, SWIFT, LINK, Visa, FPS
* Understanding of products that touch the client integration points e.g. core banking systems, ERP products, AML and fraud products etc.
* Experience managing relationships with clients at the senior technical and business management level
* Excellent interpersonal skills including facilitation, negotiation, collaboration and influencing
* Commercially and politically astute, able to see solutions in wider context of client strategy and customer engagement
* Ability to work at a professional level with little management direction and leadership
* Experience working with the SAFe framework
Accountabilities and Main Duties:
* To liaise with internal stakeholders such as Sales, Service Line, Operations, functions such as Infrastructure, Development, Programmes, Service Integration and external stakeholders; customers and suppliers.
* To understand stakeholder concerns in order to develop, define and document overall solutions/architectures for programmes and bids which address those concerns. To communicate the solutions to the project team.
* To provide technical authority and governance across the lifetime of the project.
* To participate in the sales process including initial requirements gathering, specification and presentation of the solution.
* To document the complete solution, drawing input from functions such as Infrastructure and Service Integration and external suppliers by using SDLC approved design templates (SOD, SAD, HLD) and ensuring that reviews are carried out in line with SDLC process and company standard.
* To communicate the solution to Stakeholders to ensure that their concerns are fully addressed, especially system qualities such as security, performance, availability and adaptability.
* To communicate the solution to various teams, including Development, Testing and Programme management in sufficient detail to allow planning and cost estimation.
* To advise Procurement and Commercial Finance regarding technical issues around contracts.
* To validate that the proposed architecture is fit for purpose e.g. by modelling system behaviour, ensuring that performance-critical features are prototyped.
* To provide architectural guidance and oversight throughout the lifecycle, including design, development, testing, deployment, support and enhancement.
* Based on oversight role, to advise the team on any potential go-live risks or issues and contributes to go-live decision.
* To contribute to the SDLC process and Architecture governance process by the development and continuous review of appropriate practices, standards, templates and guidelines.
* To maintain client solutions and best practices for design and delivery.
* To support Product Management in developing product roadmaps.
* To participate in recruiting and team development activities.
* To stay abreast of relevant developments in technology, processes and markets.
* To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's