Non Functional Test Lead
|Job Title:||Non Functional Test Lead|
|Salary:||Total Package value £70K|
|Contact Name:||Kim Eager|
|Job Published:||August 30, 2016 16:17|
A market leading payments company based in Hertfordshire / North West London has the excellent opportunity for a Non Functional Test Lead on a permanent basis.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Manage the Non-Functional Testing team to ensures the code delivered to Member Proving and/or Live is fit for use. Supervision of a team of Non-Functional test specialists to achieve the following:
* Volume and Performance Testing of a release
* Reliability and Availability Testing of a release
* Security Testing of a release
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
* 7-8 years' experience in Non Functional Testing with last 2-3 years as a lead
* Must be detail focussed. Must have detailed knowledge of Non Functional Testing and Team leading abilities.
* Sound understanding of all technical aspects of testing.
* Ability to communicate with many different levels, from individual developers to upper management with an awareness of the different
* Driven to get the job done, with a willingness to work out of hours at short notice. Ability to work around set backs and blocks to achieve the solution
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Flexibility to take on new projects, ways of working.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to find solutions to issues, work around conflicting priorities (different test phases/projects all with different priorities) with a view to the commercial reality.
* Knowledge of and experience in reliability and availability test planning and execution.
* Experience of Oracle and SQL Scripting
* Good working knowledge of WebLogic/WebSphere or any enterprise level application servers
* Good working knowledge of networking between multi-sites
* Experience of testing high volume transaction processing systems.
* Good knowledge of load generation test tools, particularly of HP LoadRunner with experience up to using Java API
* Good working knowledge of Enterprise Systems Management products.
* Good working knowledge of Java and any other scripting languages such as Perl, Python or VBScript
* Working with Agile and Waterfall software development environments
* Experience using Illiad for Non Functional Testing
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND DUTIES:
* To be the single point of contact for all Non Functional testing related activities
* Plan, estimate and define Non Functional test approach understanding the business, commercial and Non Functional requirements
* Lead the non-functional test team, driven to get multiple parallel Non functional test projects done on time
* To use technical knowledge of the platforms and applications to determine appropriate tests.
* To maintain customer satisfaction by exercising tests to prove the applications will perform correctly when deployed to live
* To create and gain sign off of Non Function test strategies and test plans
* To ensure all risks and issues are reported, escalated and managed through to resolution.
* To engage with the requirements team to resolve any points of clarification with respect to Non Functional test requirements to ensure sign off is agreed
* To assure from within the test team that all tests produced are consistent with the scope of the delivery
* To engage with Infrastructure & Network Services team plus Applications Support team to review and agree all Non Functional Test scripts
* To liaise with Release Management on deploying the latest release of code for testing
* To improve the resource consumption of the applications in order to reduce the cost of hardware acquisition in the immediate future.
* To build relationships with the key teams in VocaLink.
* To develop and maintain testing artefacts, processes and procedures and ensure these apply across all VocaLink Non Functional Testing projects.
* To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
UAT Test Manager (Banking)
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€350.00 - €400.00 per day
Ingénieur Test et validation (H/F)
Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Ingénieur Test et validation Sénior (H/F) - Nice
Nice, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur