Non Functional Test Lead
|Job Title:||Non Functional Test Lead|
|Salary:||£58000 - £60000 per annum + Total Package value £70K|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||September 09, 2016 16:35|
A market leading payments company based in Hertfordshire / North West London has the excellent opportunity for a Non Functional Test Lead on a permanent basis. You will have at least 6-8 yrs of Non Functional Testing experience with at least 2 yrs current experience as a Lead. The testing takes place on hosted services so experience with this is required as is testing on high transactions and high availability systems. The testing will revolve around Volume and Performance and Resilience and Availability.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Manage the Non-Functional Testing team to ensures the code delivered to Member Proving and/or Live is fit for use. Supervision of a team of Non-Functional test specialists to achieve the following:
* Volume and Performance Testing of a release
* Reliability and Availability Testing of a release
* Security Testing of a release
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
* 7-8 years' experience in Non Functional Testing with last 2-3 years as a lead
* Must be detail focused. Must have detailed knowledge of Non Functional Testing and Team leading abilities.
* Sound understanding of all technical aspects of testing.
* Experience of testing high volume transaction processing systems.
* Worked on testing that involves Middleware and Unix environments.
* Ability to communicate with many different levels, from individual developers to upper management with an awareness of the different
* Driven to get the job done, with a willingness to work out of hours at short notice. Ability to work around set backs and blocks to achieve the solution
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Flexibility to take on new projects, ways of working.
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to find solutions to issues, work around conflicting priorities (different test phases/projects all with different priorities) with a view to the commercial reality.
* Knowledge of and experience in reliability and availability test planning and execution.
* Experience of Oracle and SQL Scripting
* Good working knowledge of WebLogic/WebSphere or any enterprise level application servers
* Good working knowledge of networking between multi-sites
* Good knowledge of load generation test tools, particularly of HP LoadRunner with experience up to using Java API
* Good working knowledge of Enterprise Systems Management products.
* Good working knowledge of Java and any other scripting languages such as Perl, Python or VBScript
* Working with Agile and Waterfall software development environments
* Experience using Illiad for Non Functional Testing
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND DUTIES:
* To be the single point of contact for all Non Functional testing related activities
* Plan, estimate and define Non Functional test approach understanding the business, commercial and Non Functional requirements
* Lead the non-functional test team, driven to get multiple parallel Non functional test projects done on time
* To use technical knowledge of the platforms and applications to determine appropriate tests.
* To maintain customer satisfaction by exercising tests to prove the applications will perform correctly when deployed to live
* To create and gain sign off of Non Function test strategies and test plans
* To ensure all risks and issues are reported, escalated and managed through to resolution.
* To engage with the requirements team to resolve any points of clarification with respect to Non Functional test requirements to ensure sign off is agreed
* To assure from within the test team that all tests produced are consistent with the scope of the delivery
* To engage with Infrastructure & Network Services team plus Applications Support team to review and agree all Non Functional Test scripts
* To liaise with Release Management on deploying the latest release of code for testing
* To improve the resource consumption of the applications in order to reduce the cost of hardware acquisition in the immediate future.
* To build relationships with the key teams within the client.
* To develop and maintain testing artefacts, processes and procedures and ensure these apply across all Non Functional Testing projects.
* To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Functional Lead Customer Center
Automation Test Engineer
Automation Test Analyst - QA Test Engineer - Software Tester
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits
Software Tester - QA Test Engineer - Automation Test Analyst
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits