Network Security Specialist (Cisco, F5, Firewalls)
|Job Title:||Network Security Specialist (Cisco, F5, Firewalls)|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum + Total package Value 62K|
|Contact Name:||Kim Eager|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2016 11:48|
Our client has a rare opportunity to join a dynamic and highly skilled team of Network & Security Specialists who are recognised as subject matter experts in their field. Work for a leading financial services company who are fully committed to recruiting the best candidates & investing in their future to enable the success of our
As an experienced Network / Security Analyst you will be responsible for the administration and handling of the vulnerability management process across network and security devices. This is a hands-on role providing exposure to leading edge technology including Juniper and Cisco Firewalls, F5 load-balancers & Cisco Nexus switches. Strong Routing, Switching and Firewall skills are essential.
This is a technical role requiring practical knowledge of Networking and Security protocols. The role requires a strong networking & security background (ideally CCNP or higher) as you will be responsible for Threat Assessment and proposed remediation across all Network devices. Any experience with Skybox Firewall Assurance (or similar products) is highly desirable.
Key skill areas are:
* Cisco Firewalls
* Routing and Switching
* Be PCI aware
* SSL & identify vulnerabilities across network
* Any experience with Skybox Firewall Assurance (or equivalent) is highly desirable.
* Ideally CISSP certified
Essenital responsibilities and criteria:
* The role holder is required to maintain a real-time view of the threat landscape and ensure that all known threats are handled in the most appropriate manner.
* Handle all internal and external vulnerability notifications relating to network and network Security devices
* Ensure all network and security assets are included in automated security scans and PEN tests.
* Co-ordinate threat prevention and incident response activities across local and remote teams.
* Schedule & oversee preventative & remedial action as appropriate
* Responsible for version control and patching across all network and security devices
* Threat based analysis using industry recognised classifications & scoring systems i.e. CVSS
* Ensure all Routers, Switches, Loadbalancers and Firewalls are managed in line with Internal Security Policy & industry best practise.
* Ensure compliance with all relevant build standards, configuration templates & audit responsibilities i.e. PCI, ISO, ISAE
* Automate baseline compliance checking wherever possible
* Manage firewall policies and rule-sets delivering optimisation and automation as appropriate
* Responsible for all elements of DDOS protection, detection and alerting across core business services
* Solicit & action regular product announcements from vendors (Cisco, Juniper, F5) regarding vulnerability and EOSS, EOHS information.
* Responsible for maintaining and departmental risk position - working with Risk, Audit & Compliance functions as necessary.
* Must have a good working knowledge of the following routing and switching protocols - RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, all STP variants, HSRP or equivalent.
* Must have a practical working knowledge of the following protocols and technologies - IPsec VPN, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, IDS / IPS, SSH, SNMP, NTP.
* Due to occasional travel between sites, must hold a current, valid driving license and own a car.
* Forensic Analysis experience using SNMP, Syslog, Packet based analysis tools
* Practical knowledge of threat detection, intrusion prevention / detection techniques and attack vectors
* Strong written & verbal skills required to produce & present risk assessment / response documentation
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's