Network Security Engineer
|Job Title:||Network Security Engineer|
|Salary:||£250.00 - £350.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Constable|
|Job Published:||November 25, 2016 15:57|
Our Client, is seeking a Network Security Engineer to be based in Oxford on an initial 6 month contract.
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for providing technical management of a small Juniper / Palo Alto firewall environment, and will also work with the Global Network Engineering team to review existing environment configuration in preparation for a transformation programme. Initial 6-month contract with potential extensions on a multi-year Programme to build and roll-out a new network. An organised, proactive, self-starting individual would best fit this role.
The Network Security Engineer will be expected to have an advanced understanding of Data Centre and Network Security technologies; providing strong technical support.
Responsibilities will include providing technical and project direction for vendors and staff in support of strategic or business driven efforts, interfacing with both Engineering and Operations teams across the Organisation and partners to ensure successful interactions and to configure, implement, test, and support (as necessary) any new, changed or existing network/telecomm infrastructures.
This position requires adept skills in solving information technology challenges, and requires collaboration with other engineering teams. You will be required to work with internal customers including Architecture, Project Managers, and the technology teams within the company.
* Excellent technical skills and experience gained from working within complex Enterprise infrastructure projects. You must be able to demonstrate how you've supported migrations/transformations programmes.
* Experience in proactively engaging to assist in discovery exercises.
* Experience of problem management and troubleshooting techniques, performance and capacity reporting using various tools.
* Understanding of security best practices, particularly in relation to network security.
* Being an innovative, proactive and positive team player with excellent communication and service skills, confident in communicating technical issues.
* Design, build and support experience using Juniper SRX Firewall systems
* Palo Alto Firewall Solutions
Ideally the candidate would have experience in some of the following areas:
* Brocade switches
* NetScaler load-balancing and security solutions
* McAfee Intrusion prevention implementation and support
* F5 Load Balancing suite of products including SSL acceleration
* Cisco LAN, WAN and network security technologies
* Cloud-based web content filtering solutions (e.g. Blue Coat, ZScaler)
* Security experience - Excellent problem troubleshooting and resolution skills.
* Excellent knowledge & experience in Network Security design, implementation, upgrade and support
* Maintain and implement network security equipment and infrastructure, including Firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems and web content filtering.
* Knowledge of the latest network security risks, exploits, and vulnerabilities.
* Expert understanding of Security industry classifications and regulations (PII, PCI, SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
* Solid understanding of telecommunications/network principles.
Network / Data Centre
* Maintaining network equipment and infrastructure, including Brocade Switches
* BSc in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field.
* Juniper (JNCIP-SEC, JNCIA-Junos, JNCIS-SEC)
* Palo Alto ACE, CNSE (v5 or v6)
* ISC2 CISSP
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
West London, London
£400.00 - £450.00 per day
Birmingham, West Midlands
£400.00 - £460.00 per day
Professional Network Assistant
2nd Line Network Support
£290.00 - £320.00 per day
Security Mgt. Specialist
Leiden, South Holland