Mobile Data Core Supervisor
|Job Title:||Mobile Data Core Supervisor|
|Contact Name:||Eleonore Rigo|
|Job Published:||May 05, 2017 08:01|
The number of mobile data users is multiplied by 2.5 every year. That requires constant & fast modernization of the network to cope with the boom of the smart phones & tablets. There are more and more new data services types and always on applications (e.g. e-mail, mobile payment, video streaming, machine-to-machines…) that needs to be supported on the network to meet the business requirements from corporate & residential market.
The MDO (Mobile Data Core Operation) supervisor is responsible to assure the availability and to improve the mobile data services. He is responsible of the provisioning and the stability of the Mobile Data Core Network.
The Mobile Data Core Operation team is responsible for the production and UAT network, for the services and the O&M of the Company Mobile Data Core.
Provisioning & configuration
- Standard and minor configuration changes.
- Corporate customers provisioning (GGSN, Firewall, router…).
- Data roaming partners provisioning.
- IMD creation (change management process)
- Night intervention.
- Open vendor cases.
- Simple cases follow-up.
- Help the MDO experts in case of complex cases.
- Collect information needed by the vendor to solve problems.
- Perform the network supervision and the proactive maintenance.
- Improve network quality and supervision.
- Analyze maintenance results in cooperation with team members, perform root cause analysis and implement improvement procedures.
- Support the study, definition, development and implementation of key tools, systems and processes for the domain systems and services.
- Review the procedure provided by the devices/services experts.
Incident & problem management.
- Support experts during troubleshooting
- Collect information needed to solve problems.
- Be part of the on-call rotation.
Relevant experience is an asset. Operational and theoretical knowledge of GSM, GPRS, UMTS & LTE technology, IP routing & switching, firewall, equipment and measurement techniques, including maintenance of a telecommunications network
2.3. Technical skills
Basic knowledge of Mobile Data Core Networks (GGSN/SPGW, SGSN/MME, PCRF, …)
TCP/IP routing (OSPF, BGP, VRF, …) and switching (Spanning-tree, Vlan, HSRP, …)
Linux (+DNS, Radius, …)
English is a MUST, other languages are plus
Communicative & assertive Good verbal & written communication Positive, flexible & open minded Excellent team worker Stress resistant (incidents) Problem solver.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Core Banking Architect
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€475.00 - €500.00 per day
Data Centre Operations Analyst
Leeds, West Yorkshire
€15.00 - €16.00 per hour
Data Management Specialist
Senior .Net Developer