Methods and Procedures Engineer (Optical Fibre)
|Job Title:||Methods and Procedures Engineer (Optical Fibre)|
|Contact Name:||Yasmina Benkhadda|
|Job Published:||March 27, 2017 17:04|
This client has recently launched an ambitious program to deploy "Fiber for Belgium" both for companies and for houses.
What would your main tasks be like?
- Develop processes,
- design guidelines,
- installation instructions,
- repair procedures,
- network documentation guidelines for the passive part of this network (the passive network consists of ducts, micro ducts, cables, splice boxes, distribution boxes, patch panels, fiber termination boxes, closures for installation of electronic equipment…)
- support the design process
- coach and audit the global and detailed design activities done by the design and construction partners
- support the construction process, participate in technology trials and give training to field crews of the client's design and construction partners
What key skills do you need to have?
-Network Design :
oProven experience with design of outside plant infrastructure for telecommunication networks..
oFamiliar with design environments (GIS systems, CAD packages, …)
Good knowledge optical fibre networks (nice to have)
oFibre cables, (micro) ducts & accessories
oInstallation techniques :
§blowing, pulling, … of optical cables in (micro)ducts
§Splicing of optical fibres
§Civil works (trenching, installation of ducts and manholes, …)
§Indoor installations (bringing cables from the street into apartments and offices)
§Outdoor installations on buildings and building façades
oMeasurement techniques : OTDR (refractometry)
- Language skills:
Fluency (orally and written) in either French or Dutch is mandatory + passive knowledge of the 2nd language + knowledge of English.
Do you think that you have the right profile for this opportunity and you are open for a new challenge? Please apply hereby or drop me an email with your updated CV! I will contact you back as soon as possible.
Not available for this mission? Please share this job description within your network!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
RF Test and Validation Engineer
great benefits package
3rd Line Network Engineer
great benefits package
Mobile Data Core Solution Engineer
IT System Administrator