Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Emma Smith|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2018 17:21|
An early career Mechanical Design Engineer is required to join a Test & Calibration Instruments Team to design complex instrumentation products and pressure controllers used in aerospace ground support equipment, metrology, process control and high volume industrial test.
* Design and validation of mechanical assemblies/fixturing and enclosures to agreed customer and product specifications and project deadlines in both plastic and metal.
* Development and release of design documentation, including: Mechanical component and assembly drawings, Hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams, System assembly drawings and User Manuals
* Participate in FMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify /minimize design risks and optimize design outcome.
* Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and / or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Contribute to longer-term design process improvements to drive productivity and efficiency.
* Design Change Initiation and implementation in accordance with our business procedures
* Manufacturing technical support and provide solutions for production related problems
* High standard of documentation for evidence of conformity and technical explanation
* Reviewing design specifications and requirements capture
* Ability to work across continents with remote engineering and sales teams
* Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering
* Knowledge of 3D CAD tools (Solidworks, Pro/Engineer, etc.)
* Exposure to working in multiple disciplined (electrical, mechanical) design teams
* Knowledge of Design principles for Manufacture and Assembly in a high product mix environment.
* Experience in both Plastics and Metal enclosure design for IP rated electronic equipment
* Background in generation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
* Knowledge of Ergonomic Product Design
* Experience with FEA simulation tools
* Experience of design and test. Ideally for high reliability, harsh environments including high vibration and high temperature
* Experience of pressure transducers and compensation techniques
* Knowledge of basic Electronic principles
* Experience within a similar, high variety, electro-mechanical environment
* Experience of working with the PED
* Six Sigma Greenbelt trained and certified
* Knowledge and experience of SAP
* Experience of Shock/Vibration & Thermal Simulations Analysis Tools (Ansys Icepak)
* Experience of plastic mould tool design and mould flow analysis.
* Experience with pressure measurement and generation technologies (pumps, sensors)* Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterisation systems.About Us:
With a desire to attract Engineers who value varied team work and being challenged in technical problem solving, we are offering an excellent salary & benefits package and development opportunities
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Mechanical Engineer
£28.00 - £32.00 per hour
Tridium Project Design Engineer
£50000 - £51000 per annum + Car/Allowance, Pension, Healthcare
Electronic Design Engineer
£50000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits and bonus 10%
Lead Electronics Design - Electronic Design Engineer
£55000 - £60000 per annum + Excellent Benefits and bonus 10%
Electronics Design Lead - Electronics Hardware Design
West Sussex, England
£52000 - £56000 per annum + Flexi-time, Bonus