Linux Red Hat/VM Ware Engineer
|Job Title:||Linux Red Hat/VM Ware Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joseph Santos|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2018 14:12|
Job location: Brussels North
Start Date: ASAP
Contract duration: 6-months
Normal working hours are 09:00 - 17:00.
There is a requirement for this position to perform occasional weekend work.
Our client is one of the leading financial company and is in charge to put into relation national and international banks.
As a RedHat Linux and VMWare ESX Engineer, you will report to the Group Leader of Unix Engineering.
The Unix Engineering team is responsible for the 2nd and 3rd level support of 900+ Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX servers running various applications. The team is also responsible for architectural designs for projects using Unix/Linux as well as accountable and responsible for the stability of Unix/Linux environments.
Technical Skills & experience:
3.1 RED HAT LINUX / VMWARE ESX
* Strong Red Hat Linux knowledge, version 7
* Strong VMware ESX knowledge, version 6.5
* Designing & implementing the VMware virtualization for running Red Hat Enterprise Linux VMs.
* Implementation in a 2 (or 3) datacentres context with an underlying synchronous SAN replication
* Having expertise in a KVM to VMware migration, especially converting existing KVM managed storage into VMware managed storage.
* Having some knowledge of Red Hat HA clustering solution
* Having some knowledge of VCE Vblock notions
* Experience in writing Technical Documentation
4.0 HIGHLY DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
* Red Hat Ansible
* Security tools and concepts (SSH, SSL, PKI, LDAP, etc.)
* Financial services / controlled environment exposure -
Due to the sensitive nature of our business, the company's systems are subject to tight change control procedures.
A familiarity with and understanding of the need for these types of controls would be a definite plus.
4.1 ABILITY TO USE THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS IS REQUIRED FOR DAY-TO-DAY TASKS
* Microsoft Windows
* Microsoft Office Products
* Lotus Notes
5.0 PERSONAL SPECIFICATION
* Proven technical ability.
* Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
* Must be able to set realistic targets and meet deadlines.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and organisational skills.
* Outgoing, resourceful and able to obtain information from other parts of the organisation efficiently and with minimum disruption.
* Excellent analytical skills, versatile, and inquisitive.
* Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's