Lead Embedded Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Embedded Software Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Geoff King|
|Job Published:||May 09, 2018 17:57|
The company designs and manufacture a range of instruments that are utilised in a vast array of market segments. This rapidly growing division is looking for candidates to provide Engineering design & support.
The team designs innovative equipment in response to Customer Product Opportunities (CPOs) and larger projects driven by organic growth and market demands. The team also provides technical support for internal and external customers, sales, marketing and production.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Reporting to the Software Manager, providing Hands-on software development and technical leadership of a small team of software engineers.
- Experience of developing software using a Realtime OS (RTOS).
- Software programming language experience (C/C++).
- Ensuring requirements are captured, specified & translated correctly into cohesive development & verification plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team across sites.
- Commercial experience with effective technical leadership using SW development full-lifecycle, including requirements and reviews.
- Ideally some experience of developing low level drivers for embedded systems (i.e. device drivers).
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to plan and deliver to project timescales.
- Understanding of communication protocols.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Software/Electronic Engineering.
- Ability to document software requirements capture, architecture design, and test procedures.
- Ability to understand hardware schematics at a basic level.
- Experience in source control packages (e.g. SVN, Github).
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Embedded Software Test Engineer
£38000 - £45000 per annum
£35000 - £43000 per annum
Livingston, West Lothian
Software Test Automation Engineer
£35000 - £50000 per annum
Java Software Engineer
£45000 - £55000 per annum