|Job Title:||Knowledge Developer|
|Salary:||£450 - £550.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Joshua Chart|
|Job Published:||June 23, 2017 11:20|
Our clients innovative technology platforms and smart content solutions operate at the cutting edge of big data, semantic web and cloud technology, enabling faster more effective critical decision-making daily across the globe.
The Client's Life Science SAAS platform combines the best in scientific data and technology innovation to bring its clients a tool to cut drug research to a fraction of the cost and time.
By ingesting vast quantities of the highest quality peer-reviewed scientific data from disciplines such as chemistry, biological and toxicology and storing a complex set of relationships in a knowledge graph we can surface insights across disciples which where previous impossible to see or too time consuming to find.
You will be part of a technical team transitioning this project out of a working proof of concept into production and continuing innovation and product development in this exciting space. Providing this kind of cutting-edge intelligent decision support will directly enhance the ability of the research community to bring safe drugs to market quicker.
The clients Technology Services is looking for a talented Knowledge Developer for the Life Science Solutions to be based in central London. You will be part of a cross-functional product development group using agile management and engineering practices.
* Producing high-quality, clean and performant code
* Proving your code works with automated unit, integration and UI tests
* Pairing, code review and ticket verification
* Deploying applications and monitoring their performance
* Translating product requirements into technical software designs
* Breaking software designs into manageable tickets/stories that deliver user value
* Lead the building of team consensus on technical practices
* Mentoring developers on new methodologies and optimization techniques
* Work closely with QA on acceptance testing cycles to ensure high quality software
* Create technical documentation.
* 5+ years Scala and SQL experience
* 4+ years' experience with at least one NoSQL database
* Experience with a graph database highly desirable.
* 2+ years knowledge engineering using technologies like Apache Spark, Casandra, Hadoop.
* 3+ Web services experience, primarily REST with JSON
* Experience with big data architecture, data processing and machine learning an advantage.
* Working knowledge of cloud environments especially AWS and automated infrastructure important.
* Practical expertise in performance tuning and scaling in highly available systems.
* Commitment to high quality code using code reviews, pair programming and unit testing.
* Fluent verbal and written English
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£500.00 - £620.00 per day
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
£400.00 - £450 per day
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits
Senior Java Developer
£400.00 - £450 per day