Junior Big Data Support Consultant
|Job Title:||Junior Big Data Support Consultant|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum + + call allow £450 p/w|
|Contact Name:||David Sheppard|
|Job Published:||May 10, 2017 17:43|
The Big Data Team of a dynamic software and services team is looking to fill the position of a Support Operations Consultant. The company provides specialist Business Intelligence consultancy and analytical solutions as well as Data Warehousing as a Service (DaaS) to the following sectors: Financial services, insurance, Telecoms and retail sectors.
The role is extremely varied including all elements of solution development and support including helpdesk, service support and project development functions.
Initially you will be learning all aspects of the DaaS function but there will be scope for future progression into more demanding consulting and development roles.
* Customer helpdesk in support of data warehouse solutions
* Issue management and resolution
* Customer and internal liaison at all levels
* Data warehouse data load (ETL) support and enhancement (including out-of-hours support for additional pay)
* Development and implementation of minor enhancements
* Testing of changes and enhancements
CORE SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Solid command line LINUX knowledge
* Basic SQL skills
* Understanding of database technology
* A strong desire and aptitude to learn and develop
* Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
The ideal candidate with have 2 or more of the following:
* ETL / Data Warehousing (Informatica or any other ETL tools)
* Business Intelligence (Microstrategy, business object or Tableau)
* Data Integration
* Data Quality
The successful candidate will receive a good starting basic salary AND a Substantial "On call allowance" that can be worth as much as 60% of the basic salary again. Once established there is also the option for regular home working.
22 days holiday, Gym Membership, pension, etc
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV for immediate consideration. Interviews will be held this week and next week.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Junior Software Engineer
£30000 - £40000 per annum
Développeur Full-stack Junior
Database Administrator - junior
Junior J2EE Developer
Ghent, East Flanders
Project Manager system - junior