Java Application Support Specialist (JEE, Spring, Oracle 10g)
|Job Title:||Java Application Support Specialist (JEE, Spring, Oracle 10g)|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Fagan|
|Job Published:||April 03, 2017 15:01|
Market leading payments company in Bedfordshire requires a Java/JEE Application Support Specialist on an initial 6 month contract. The role is to work within a technical team providing technical services on Live Clearing & Settlement Applications.
* Troubleshooting Incidents
* Providing pro-active technical analysis
* Identify, develop workarounds and/or fixes for deployment into Live.
* Support implementation and deployment of new releases into Live.
* Provide 24 * 7 * 365 technical services cover as part of an on-call/shift rota.
* Provide technical leadership to other members of the support team..
* Provide 2nd Line Triage Recovery Support (rotation basis)
* Provide 3rd Line Technical Services
* Follow internal and external processes and procedures.
* Recover service either by workaround or root cause fix within SLA
* Troubleshoot problems with the application working with development and test teams
Knowledge and Expertise needed:
* Proven development experience on Java/JEE using frameworks such as Spring, Struts, Hibernate, JSP, JSF
* Good working knowledge and experience with Oracle 10g or later with Oracle RAC
* Knowledge/experience of XML, XSL, XSLT
* Strong and proven experience of PL/SQL
* Experience in a senior role, mentoring junior team members and offering technical leadership.
* Experience with a track record in supporting large and complex applications within high availability/high volume environments
Desirable skills consist of:
* Knowledge of BEA WebLogic 10.x and above
* Knowledge of Oracle Reports Developer or BI Publisher for creating reports
* Experience in supporting applications using different languages and/or character sets.
* Experience within payments processing systems or finance/banking industry.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Application Support Specialist
£33200 - £38500 per annum + Great benefits Package
Application Support Manager
IT Application Support Analyst
£33000 - £35000 per annum + Great benefits Package
Inside Sales Specialist