IT Security Designer
|Job Title:||IT Security Designer|
|Salary:||€475 - €525 per day|
|Reference:||71725 - ITENG - KSB_1527685852|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||May 30, 2018 14:10|
Our client has the fantastic opportunity for an IT Security Designer to work on a contract basis either based on their client site in London or Dublin (with frequent travel to the other site). As this role is assigned to projects based in both these cities, there is a requirement for the IT Security Designer to divide their time between 2 offices. You must have good experience with IT Security Design and have the CISSP accreditation (or equivalent)
The IT Security Designer is responsible for designing security controls into solutions and services being introduced to the client, identify potential control gaps and assess any associated risk.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
* Strong experience of working in an IT Security Design discipline
* Mandatory minimum of CISSP or recognised equivalent.
* Good technical knowledge of network protocols and related technologies, and a variety of platforms.
* Strong knowledge of IT Security best practice.
* Experience across a number of relevant IT disciplines.
* 3rd Level qualification in IT is preferred.
* Some knowledge of information security and risk control frameworks such as COBiT, ISO 27001, ISO 27002 is desirable.
* Knowledge of PCI DSS is preferred.
* ISSAP, SABSA, TOGAF, or other architecture qualification preferred.
* Design security controls for proposed solutions to meet relevant IT Security policies, standards and guidelines, as well as regulatory and other requirements.
* Provide design-time review and guidance to teams building and deploying new technology.
* Develop, document, and participate in solution architecture design for different projects. Participate in security efforts assisting with the integration and initial implementation of solutions.
* Review existing and proposed architectures, identify security design gaps, and recommend changes or enhancements to meet security control objectives
* Assess and advise of security risks identified, and propose appropriate mitigations.
* Continuously monitor and improve the security posture of the client as part of the Security Architecture team.
* Identify and communicate new security threats, and design Security Architecture elements to mitigate threats as they emerge.
* Serve as the Security Subject Matter Expert within the client, and provide advisory and consulting services to other teams as needed.
* Stay abreast of new security technologies and integrate into security architecture design when appropriate.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's