IT Asset Analyst
|Job Title:||IT Asset Analyst|
|Salary:||£25000 per annum + Total Package value c.£32K|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Fagan|
|Job Published:||March 17, 2017 16:46|
A market leading financial services company has the opportunity for an IT Asset Analyst to join them on a permanent basis.
Main Purpose of Role
* Perform Asset Management duties as directed by IT Asset Manager, to include interrogation of purchases and validation via Asset Management tools (Hardcat & SmartTrack), ensuring new entries are catalogued and entered on the system.
* Validation of requests for change involving hardware/software ensuring movements are being captured correctly and updated on AM tools.
* Conduct physical audits of V/L assets, plus analysis of unused software assets.
* Full end to end purchase order support on behalf of Service Operations - includes raising, tracking and receipting PO's
* Work with Service Operations budget owners to identify and resolve financial issues
* Work with the finance partners and budget owners to ensure invoicing is accurate and managed efficiently
* Assist Service Operations budgets owners with general administration duties which could include producing reports into the Service Operations Management team
* Interface with Service Operations external suppliers in regards invoice management
* Work with line Managers and Finance partners to ensure accurate P&L forecasting against the comms connectivity portfolio.
* Ensure customers queries regarding pricing are answered sensitively and invoices are raised and issued at the appropriate time
* General administration support within Service Operations to help achieve financial and budgetary targets
* To assist the IT Asset Manager in ensuring that IT assets are received, deployed, recovered and disposed in accordance with organisational policies as well as national and local
Key accountabilities and duties:
* Based in Rickmansworth/Dunstable or Harrogate
* Reporting into the IT Asset Manager
* Work with Service Operations budget owners and finance partners to create, track and receipt PO's on Oracle
* Maintain and build a good working relationship with Service Operations suppliers to ensure that they are working with the client efficiently in regards billing/invoicing
* Recommend and help Improve ways of working within the team
* Assist in capturing customer requirements into a meaningful and profitable product proposition
* Participate in commercial negotiations with customers and/or suppliers
* Support the collation and maintenance of Management reports within Service Operations
* Carry out Asset Management tasks within Service Operations
* To support the IT Asset Manager and other functional areas in relation to asset management.
Knowledge & Expertise needed
* Understanding of standard Asset Management terminology and principles
* Knowledge or exposure to Oracle Financials or similar toolset
* Ability to engage and work with the wider team to get results
* Desire to expand their accountability within the role
* Ability to build working relationships with internal and external customers
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Proactive approach with willingness to take ownership of issues
* Disciplined and professional approach
* Ability to plan and organise themselves effectively
* Proficient in the use of standard office based applications (inc word, Excel and PowerPoint)
The following is highly desirable but not essential:
* Knowledge of Accounting procedures (inc forecasting /budgeting)
* Knowledge of Aspera Smart Track or similar tools
* Knowledge of SCCM or similar tools
* Knowledge of Cherwell Express Metrix or similar tools
* Understanding of ISO 27001 and 19770.
* Experience of Software Asset Management with vendors such as Oracle, HP, IBM, Microsoft, VMWare. Able confidently to show evidence of managing, controlling and protecting software assets with knowledge of license models to produce and effective license position.
* Experience of Hardware Asset Management
* Confident to challenge, question and improve current working methods and processes where necessary for the benefit of the business
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Support Analyst
£27000 - £29000 per annum
IT Security Enterprise Architect
£70000 - £100000 per annum + great benefits package
IT Enterprise Architect
IT Enterprise Architect
IT Helpdesk Engineer