Infrastructure Project Leader
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Project Leader|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Mawaka|
|Job Published:||November 21, 2018 13:10|
Our client, a global leader of the finance and settlement sector is looking to hire an IT Infrastructure Project Leader for a long-term project, based in the heart of Brussels.
You will join the IT infrastructure project team and will be accountable for the delivery of end-to-end IT infrastructure projects, in various technical domains such as Network LAN/WAN, Cyber-Security, Windows, Unix/Linux, Mainframe or Tandem.
Every aspect of our business is supported by highly advanced technologies while anyway supporting the legacy applications and platforms.
* Build the business case with the help of the project Sponsors
* Define the benefits, scope, timing and budget of the project
* Deliver the project scope on time, on budget and with the expected quality
* Ensure quality of deliverables and delivered services through a structured project management approach (project planning tools, project reporting, project management methodology, project risks management, etc)
* Collaborate with teams across various divisions and entities (e.g. French and UK colleagues)
* Coordinate all parties involved in the project: both inside the organization (Corporate Technology, Applications Development, Operations, Commercial, Risk, Audit, etc) and externally (for example IT suppliers or clients)
* Maintain compliance with architecture principles and recommendations
* Hand over the finalized project to the maintenance and operational teams
On top of the delivery of the projects, you will also contribute to the team initiatives to ensure year-to-year cost reduction of running similar infrastructure projects or improving the knowledge of the team by sharing your own experience.
* You already have 5+ years of proven Project Management experience in an IT delivery environment
* You are experienced in managing end to end several projects in parallel with size varying from 300 to 3,000 man-days.
* You have demonstrated through your career strong leadership skills with the ability as well to adapt your style according to the context and the different project stakeholders.
* These projects were managed according to at least one of the industry standard methodologies like Waterfall, PMI or Prince2. The Knowledge of Scrum methodology would be an added value.
* Your responsibilities encompassed the different aspects of these ones (Planning, Budgets, Risks & Issues, Resources management ). Previous experience of outsourced projects management is a plus.
* You naturally have strong negotiation and conflict management skills and you are able to influence different levels of management towards your projects targets.
* You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and presenting) at all levels, from staff members to senior management level.
* You have a natural affinity with the technical domains and experienced at least 3 of them in your past experience (e.g. Network LAN/WAN, Cyber-Security, Windows, Unix/Linux, Mainframe or Tandem). This allows you to understand the IT infrastructures & architectures in a complex environment