Infrastructure Engineer (Field Based)
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineer (Field Based)|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£25000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Geoff King|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2018 16:52|
I am currently partnering with a Global IT Services Provider who are based in the East Midlands. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company where you can develop and hone your skills.
- Provide 3rd line technical support for all infrastructure customers (internal and external), trouble shooting, diagnosing and resolving incidents to their conclusion, ensuring adherence to agree SLAs and escalating to the vendor where required.
- Take the technical lead on any server and storage infrastructure related issues for customers (both internal and external) and ensure knowledge share with the wider team.
- Design and Implement configuration changes, installs and upgrades on behalf of customers.
- Contribute to the design of new fully managed customer solutions, advising the Technical Architect team where required.
- Assist with the onboarding of new Managed customers (both Greenfield and existing site solutions).
- Provide Service Managers with technical support during escalations.
- Assist with the design of any potential new services.
- Identify Major Incidents and react accordingly.
Additionally, you'll be required to take part in an on-call roster (one in four weeks).
Skills & Experience
- HP Servers, Blades and Virtual Connect
- VMware 6.0 and above (VCP)
- HP Storage administration and management
- SAN switching administration and management (FC, Zoning, ISCSI)
- Capacity and performance reporting
- Issues tracking and resolution
- Ability to work effectively with other stakeholders in business
- Good understanding of networking concepts
- Background working in an Operations Centre / NOC / customer support environment (internal or external).
- vCloud director 8/9
- vSphere VCAP/VCIX-DCV
- VMware NSX (VCP-NV)
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Solarwinds or similar network monitoring tools
- Software Defined Storage systems
- Understanding of public clouds (AWS/Azure)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
If you're looking to join a forward thinking innovative company, then please don't hesitate to get in touch with Geoff King by applying via the ad or on
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
DevOps Infrastructure Engineer
£500.00 - £550.00 per day
£360 - £410 per day
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€500.00 - €550.00 per day
£50000 - £65000 per annum