Incident helpdesk analyst
|Job Title:||Incident helpdesk analyst|
|Salary:||£30000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Karen Brown|
|Job Published:||June 09, 2016 18:09|
The Incident Communications and Coordination (ICC) team is a 24x7 incident management group. Its purpose is to serve as a communications and incident management support team for various properties with of both external and internal users. The main focus of the team is to coordinate and effectively communicate on high severity incidents or outages in the Office 365 space. ICC works with multiple teams globally across the company to deliver timely and accurate communications to internal stakeholders and to external users who subscribe to the service.
The ICC team supports the Office 365 product group, one of the fastest growing products in the company's history. The ICC team offer 24x7 support from two sites; one in Redmond, WA and one in Reading, United Kingdom.
This role is based in Reading, United Kingdom. The team works two shifts; Sunday to Thursday, 7:30am to 4pm, and Tuesday to Saturday, 7:30am to 4pm.
As part of the ICC team you will be integral to helping maintain timely and grammatically accurate communications to customers and internal stakeholders. You will be working closely with various engineering and support teams across the Office 365 platform, including Critical Situation Management, Exchange, Skype for Business, and Online Support, SharePoint and Service Delivery Management. As an Incident Coordinator, your role is to write communications to customers and stakeholders, while keeping logs from the information provided by engineers so the company can provide regular updates on the progress of incident resolution to our customers.
Core ICC Duties:
* Work to time-sensitive deadlines to deliver accurate, timely and customer focused communications within strict SLAs.
* Triage escalated issues for Exchange, SharePoint, Skype for Business and other services
* Drive calls during service outage situations for our customers
* Develop communication plans with partners to minimise impact during system maintenance
* Excellent analytical and organisation skills
* Provide full measurement, analysis, and reporting of all key indicators
* Execute disaster recovery procedures when and if necessary
* Work closely with remote support teams
* Communicate effectively throughout internal IT groups (verbally and written as appropriate)
Skills, experience, and technology requirements:
* Experience in technical or creative English writing
* Experience in larger scale network operations centre, 24x7 production environment or similar environment
* Excellent problem resolution, judgement, and decision making skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Prior working knowledge of probing or critical questioning.
* Strong analytical and organisational skills
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Proven ability to multitask effectively.
* Ability to deliver high quality written communications under pressure.
* Proven background working with various databases and communication tools.
* Agile - adapts well to change.
* Experience in systems work, monitoring and help desk support is preferred but not essential
* Passion for technology and customer service.
* A good sense of humour!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Desktop Support Engineer - IT Helpdesk
City of London, London
Up to £30000 per annum
Application Support Analyst (Java)
£38000 - £45000 per annum
Business Analyst (SUMMIT experience)
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€400.00 - €450.00 per day
Business Analyst (banking)
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€350.00 - €400.00 per day