|Job Title:||Hyper-V Consultant|
|Salary:||£450.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Karen Brown|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2017 18:10|
* Are you looking for a career that utilises your passion for technology?
* Are you interested in receiving unrivalled training, superb career opportunities and the chance to work with the latest technologies?
* Are you interested in joining a team of outstanding technology professionals who, as trusted advisors and subject matter experts, help Premier Enterprise Customers - enabling them to make the most out of their technology and moving their business forward?
Our Mission Statement
Support Consultants provide technical leadership for Premier customers around the world to help ensure their IT environments are kept optimised and healthy. The focus is to do this in a proactive and consultative manner in order to avoid future issues. This includes guidance on best practices, risk assessments, migrations, and onsite, remote and dedicated support services. As part of the Services, Global Business Support partners with Support and Enterprise Services to strengthen the Services Field Engineering capability worldwide.
What we do best
Support Consultants provide various services to our Enterprise customers to increase systems availability, resolve critical issues, and ultimately improve the health of our customers' environments. We consult with experienced technical staff to ensure they have the skills to troubleshoot and maintain their solution in line with best practices. When things do go wrong we provide rapid on site expertise to resolve critical situations.
Support Consultants deliver onsite and dedicated services for Premier customers across EMEA.
We need individuals that:
* Possess deep technical expertise in at least one technical speciality and can solve complex technical problems through sound, creative troubleshooting. You will also need to be able to examine possible workarounds and escalations as required.
* Set an example of excellence as a company representative, enhancing the company's image and reputation through your credibility, preparation, commitment and first-class delivery.
* Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to develop strategic on going customer relationships, gain trust and respect for the company. Engineers must also possess strong technical writing, presentation and training skills.
* Enjoy team work, and actively contribute to their peer group as well as our customer account teams.
* Communicate at all levels from CIO to the technical staff on the ground.
* Experience in the enterprise customer arena
* Face-to-face customer engagement skills
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
* Troubleshooting knowledge & skills
* MCTS / MCITP qualification desirable
* Degree qualification or equivalent experience
* Good understanding of ITIL/Service Management
Technical Expertise Required
Platforms Core Support Consultants should be experienced in implementing, operating, tuning and troubleshooting enterprise Windows Server operating system solutions.
While our key relationships are typically with our customers' 3rd / 4th line infrastructure support teams, platforms Support Consultants will also find themselves working with engineering teams, so need to be confident working at this level.
The Platforms Core role requires depth knowledge in a number of the following technologies / areas:
* Server technologies such as Hyper-V and Clustering
* Deep understanding of Windows Server operating systems - Server /2012
* OS Performance / Application Performance and troubleshooting
* Server deployment/Migration
* Windows architecture
* Windows Security, patching & WSUS
* Fundamental networking knowledge - IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, routing etc.
* Enterprise Infrastructure troubleshooting skills
The following areas would also be beneficial:
* Crash / memory dump analysis
* A working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy.
* Terminal Services
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Consultant SSIS (H/F)
SAP BPC Consultant
ERP Integration Consultant - IBM Message Broker
Dublin, Republic of Ireland
€500.00 - €550.00 per day
Consultant Industrialisation de Tests de Charge
Cagnes-sur-Mer, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur