|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Kelvin Ball|
|Job Published:||November 29, 2018 10:55|
An opportunity has arisen on an initial 6 month contract for a Financial Controller to join our client, a leading Pharmaceutical client based in Surrey.
Purpose of the position
Finance Controller for EMEA entities, focusing on those based in the Netherlands, and collaborating with the Business Partnering team for these entities (sitting in the Commercial Finance FP&A team).
* Work alongside the Finance Director, Affiliate to drive accounting, reporting and controlling activities, coordinating different parties involved to ensure timely and accurate financials
* Support month-end close and preparation of associated reporting
* Responsible for ensuring business process controls are effective and evidenced within the affiliate
* Provide local support for R2R, P2P and O2C processes
* Support audit activity and preparation of fiscal and statutory reports
* Maintain a strong control environment ensuring compliance with all statutory, regulatory and corporate policy requirements
* To support the Finance Director, EMEA Entities, and working with the other Finance Controllers, EMEA Entities to deliver effective operational financial planning & forecasting
* Finance Systems teams
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
* Pharma sector experience would be very useful with strong customer focus; in multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross-cultural settings.
* Ideally a good background working in a SAP environment.
* Previous expertise for end-to-end process including working with Procurement and Finance functions and third parties.
* Expertise in purchase order initiation, management and processing: ability to track, monitor and report.
* Ability to drive; 'clean' driving licence.
* Appreciation of relevant Compliance and Regulatory legislation, application and forthcoming changes
* Qualified accountant (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with experience of Finance in complex and multinational environments
* Sound commercial awareness
* Experience of working at operational and strategic level in progressively more responsible roles
* Experience of complex data handling and modelling (cross country/international environment)
* Evidence of working to tight deadlines
* Exposure to international accounting and SOX.
* Advanced Excel spread sheet skills and analytical database experience
* Knowledge of international accounting standards and SOX.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's