Engagement Manager-Public Sector
|Job Title:||Engagement Manager-Public Sector|
|Salary:||£500.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Jordan Constable|
|Job Published:||January 23, 2017 10:32|
Our Client, is seeking an Engagement Manager specialising in the Public Sector, to be based in Reading on an initial 6 month contract.
The Engagement Manager (EM) is responsible for both pre-sales and delivery of a portfolio of IT services consulting engagements. They work with customers and the wider team to scope engagements, create proposals and manage them through the approval process, then once signed the EM is responsible for the successful delivery of engagements via the delivery team including Project Managers, Architects & Consultants. They need to be seasoned business professionals with excellent client management skills, a good understanding of risk in the context of IT consulting.
The Engagement Manager role leads the problem statement from the perspective of the customer, and has the responsibility of planning and assembling the consulting delivery team and ensuring the team both structures and executes on the problem-solving methodology correctly and to the agreed budget and scope.
This particular Engagement Manager role will work across a number of fast paced projects to help organisations understand their journey to the cloud. It will require the ability to rapidly build rapport with senior and diverse customers while managing a challenging project process. It will also require the technical and commercial acumen to understand how best our technologies can meet the customers cloud needs.
The Engagement Manager is accountable for the end-to-end management of their portfolio of engagements and must be able to:
* Create a strong and empathetic relationship with multiple customer organisations. This will include senior and diverse customer stakeholder management and comfort working across CxO and specialist technical communities
* Be comfortable with multiple distinct high-priority projects running in parallel
* Understand the technology set and, in particular, the opportunities for an organisation moving rapidly to the cloud
* Be hand on, using our systems for resourcing, invoicing, billing, engagement setup & management.
* Manage opportunity development, creating commercial propositions and driving towards and contributing to the subsidiary goals of Cloud services sales and consumption; and driving growth within the customer.
* Oversight of engagements within the portfolio, working with Project Managers to ensure on-track performance of the engagement, quality of project deliverables, risk management & mitigation, and reporting on the effectiveness of the engagement against the baseline plan.
* Manage commercial parameters (revenue, delivery margin), modelling and set up of deal commercials including establishing committed scope of work as documented in SOWs and work orders.
* Manage and coordinate resources, adopting the appropriate mix across local resources, global Centres of Excellence and Delivery team, as well as partners.
* Own engagement quality, conditions of satisfaction and risk management
This opportunity sits within the UK Public Sector practice, expertise in this sector and the ability to achieve UK security clearance are highly desirable.
The successful Engagement Manager's focus areas will include effective leadership skills in a matrix organization, operational control (operating and budgeted expense), and resource allocation (headcount and staffing plans). He/she will need to lead and motivate others, have a high level of selling and customer/partner service skills and think strategically.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Technology Resilience (Diasaster Recovery) Specialist
West Sussex, England
£38000 - £51000 per annum + Great Bens package
Cloud Infrastructure Architect
eCommerce Optimisation Manager / Product Insight Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Project Manager (Business/ Systems Analysis - Pharm)
Business Analyst Settlement