Embedded Software Test Engineer
|Job Title:||Embedded Software Test Engineer|
|Salary:||£38000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Aleksandra Kontra|
|Job Published:||September 28, 2018 09:53|
* Be an active participant in the definition of the product test strategy.
* Create test solutions appropriate to the product needs.
* Derive testable requirements and scenarios from customer requirements documentation and Agile user stories.
* Create and run manual tests.
* Create and maintain automated tests.
* Develop and maintain regression tests for production code.
* Implement and maintain test environments and perform compatibility testing.
* Be responsible for ensuring an audit trail for all test activities.
* Be the voice of the customer during product development discussions.
* Keep up-to-date on current test technologies and processes.
* Work alongside customers to debug issues seen in the field
* Clearly document and communicate issues to the development team.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) or equivalent
* Proven (and recent) experience in developing test solutions.
* Experience in testing embedded systems
* Proven understanding of the various testing techniques (Black, White, Grey, Performance, Load, and Security).
* Proven experience in working with Linux, including installation, configuration, administration and scripting
* Working knowledge of Windows 7, 8.x or 10.
* Working knowledge of Ethernet based protocols (e.g. UDP/TCP), and their analysis using tools such as Wireshark
* Working knowledge (or a solid understanding) of testing Embedded Linux devices
* Understanding of the IEC 61850 standard, specifically in device configuration (using SCL) and testing using PC based tools.
* Familiarity with hardware test sets such as Omicron devices
* Working knowledge of PLC dialects (IEC 61131-3) and testing using PC based IDEs.
* Working knowledge of the following protocols: IEEE C37.118 2005 / 2011, DNP3, MODBUS, IEC 61850
* Familiarity with power engineering concepts / electricity transmission and distribution grids
* Familiarity with WAMS concepts and synchrophasor measurements
* Experienced in writing / executing test cases on large scale multi-platform systems.
* Experience in working with directly with customers
If you feel this is the right opportunity for you, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Embedded Software Engineer
Great Benefits Package
Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer
Software Test Engineer
West Sussex, England
Automation Test Analyst - QA Test Engineer - Software Tester
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits