DevOps Tools Engineer
|Job Title:||DevOps Tools Engineer|
|Salary:||£500.00 - £590.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Rebecca Fagan|
|Job Published:||February 16, 2018 15:27|
The DevOps Tools Engineer will report to the Tools Engineering Manager, and take responsibility for the configuration, support and development of a number of selected Enterprise tools. This is a hands-on role, requiring the individual concerned to work with multiple stakeholders to operationalise standard tools and technologies, and primarily to make these consumable by other teams in the technology group.
* Work closely with architecture in designing, planning, and building, maintaining and
improving the Tools technology selected for use across the companies Technology Systems
* Working with existing DevOps teams in an environment where standards and templates are
becoming increasingly important, building Terraform and Puppet scripts to provision
* Specific focus on deployment and configuration of patching technologies - Tanium
* Engaging Vendors for support and configuration advice (via TAM).
* Further work to be undertaken to deploy standard monitoring toolsets to encompass,
infrastructure monitoring, synthetic transaction monitoring, and Application Performance
* Other tooling such as backup, and AV to be selected and rationalized
* Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and infrastructure
* Provide support to the tower based dev-ops teams as they introduce new tools technologies
into their production platforms
* Develop and provide best practices for consumption by the DevOps teams
* Continually review feedback, and performance to optimize service
* Be comfortable operating in a matrix environment with the ability to actively impact and
* Engage and manage vendor relationships.
Essential Skills Required:
* Possess 5 to 7 years relevant work experience to include administration and support of
Cloud hosted environments (Specifically Amazon Web Services)
* Recent experience of deploying Tanium as a patching solution at an enterprise level.
* Experience of Enterprise tools design, build, and deployment (Monitoring, backup,
Security, logging, solutions)
* Effective time and project management skills
* Experienced in developing best practice documentation
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's