|Job Title:||Devops Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Lhoest|
|Job Published:||May 27, 2016 08:47|
Our client is recruiting a DevOps Engineer who will have responsibility for developing the strategy for the cloud based infrastructure.
They are at the center of a very sophisticated logistics machine, they have developed a robust backend that offers plenty of services to all the frontend applications, both mobile and web.
They are looking for a talented DevOps Infrastructure engineer to develop the technical solution that will allow them to improve the scalability of their backend and accompany the exponential growth of their platform. This is a great opportunity to own the design and implementation of infrastructure in an exciting and challenging startup environment.
Responsibilities will include:
·Understand the core technical needs of the development team in terms of deployment and infrastructure
· Design and implement a cloud based infrastructure to meet the needs of their business
· Selection of appropriate technology on which to base their infrastructure
· Propose technological evolution to make their infrastructure even more scalable and modern
· Identify metrics to monitor the health of their system and identify opportunities for continual improvement
· Set up tools, processes and documentation to track the evolution of their system and troubleshoot issues faster and allow for improved support in case of emergency
· Automate deployment of their applications and scaling of the infrastructure
· Maintenance of the infrastructure to make sure all the servers are secure and up-to-date
Desired Skills and Experience:
·Previous exposure to the design and implementation of cloud based infrastructure
· Significant experience in system administration
· Comprehensive understanding of Amazon Web Services
· Previous experience with Java/JEE development is desirable in order to understand the needs of this platform
· Master's degree (or equivalent level) in Computer Science / Engineering
· Good knowledge of available cloud based engineering tools to support with selection (Chef, Puppet, Nginx, Vagrant, Docker, Bamboo, Nagios, Logstash, Kibana, etc.)
· Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals.
· Good technical writing skills
· Good team-working skills
· Prior experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) is a big plus
· Fluent English is necessary, French is a plus
·The possibility to bring technological evolutions to the environment to bring real value to their business
· Very competitive Salary Package
· Take part in the European expansion adventure!
· Geek & Startup atmosphere
· Startup environment
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's